When the craving for fries hits, but you want something a little more nutrient-dense, then give these Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe a try.
Crispy on the outside and deliciously soft and sweet on the inside, these are a great side dish, or even just snacking on them straight off the pan.
All of the flavor and crispiness of fries, but with the health benefits of sweet potato. Now that is something that we can get on board with! I love fries. but they are not the healthiest option.
So, these sweet potato fries are a little healthier alternative. Seasoned with a couple of spices and herbs, the most perfect and tastiest carrot fries come to life.
These sweet potato fries are:
A much healthier alternative to white potato fries
They are sweet and nutrient-dense fries
Still delicious with all your favorite dips
Can be made oil-free
Easy to adapt to different flavors
They are also low on carbs!
They are also gluten-free
Preheat your oven, slice the sweet potato, mix with all the herbs, then drizzle with some olive oil and bake! That’s it! No-fuss.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegevega’s Daily Cooking Equipment:
As a Vegan, cooking on a daily basis, I found myself using this equipment on a daily basis, so I am just going to throw them here, and I hope it can help you too!
- Food Processor
- Baking Trays
- Blender – I recently started making a lot of smoothies, so a blender is a must!
- Bread/Cake Loaf Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- A Set Of Good Knives
- Freezer Bags
- Air-tight food storage containers
- A Set Of Kitchen Utensils
- Set of 2 saucepans + 1 Large Saucepan for stews and soups
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato cut into fries
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil leave the oil out if you want this an oil-free recipe
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Heat oven to 200C/375F /gas 6.
- Cut the sweet potato into ‘fries’, about 1cm thick, and mix with all the spices.
- Toss with the oil if using, spread in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment, and bake for 45min-1hr, turning halfway.
Ideally, reheat them in the oven to crisp them up.