Today’s recipe is an Easy Sweet & Sour Thai Mango Salad designed to be a delicious light meal on a hot summer’s day. This dish balances the sweetness and warmth of the mango with the acidity of the lime juice and the kick of chili.
I don’t often use fruit in my savoury meals, but this recipe just works so well together with the mango. All the flavors and ingredient combinations work so well together.
When you eat a salad like this one, you just can’t help but just feel good. All the juiciness, the crunch, and the nutrition that your body gets, are just perfect.
Summer is always a godsend to me because I always eat so healthy during the summer. I don’t know what it is, but when summer comes, I eat so healthily. I am talking salads regularly, smoothies, going to the gym, you name it.
It’s just hard for me to make myself eat a salad in the winter, all I want is a curry or a burger and fries haha.
How To Make A Vegan Sweet And Sour Salad With Mango:
But anyway, this vegan sweet and sour mango salad is super easy to make. You basically need 2 bowls, a knife, a chopping board, and a handful of condiments. All the ingredients are basically tossed together, then it’s all thrown on a plate and eaten.
Simple recipes are often the best.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Sweet & Sour Thai Mango Salad if you do try it! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Salad Recipes:
Easy Sweet & Sour Thai Mango Salad
- 1 large Thai green mango or unripe mango*
- 1 large red pepper
- a handful of lettuce leaves
- 2 spring onions white parts sliced finely
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red chilli diced finely
- handful of roasted cashews or peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro/coriander and/or mint chopped + a few whole leaves for decoration
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove pressed
- 2 tbsp tamari for gluten-free version or soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- Using a sharp knife or a special peeler, julienne mango, pepper and courgette. Tear Cos lettuce leaves roughly.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for the flavours to marry.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all salad ingredients apart from nuts.
- Mix the dressing in, adjust seasoning. Serve sprinkled with nuts and a few leaves of mint and/or cilantro/coriander.