An Easy Sweet & Sour Vegan Kung Pao Noodles that are going to be your new favorite homemade Chinese food treat! It’s spicy, nutty, and very YUMMY!
Raise your hand if you are all about the noodles! ( I have risen my hand, and I am currently writing this with one hand 😀 )
I’ve got an amazing noodle dish that will have you putting both hands up high! Spicy, sweet, tangy, and full of deliciousness, these sweet & sour noodles are the perfect blend of saucy flavors, wholesome veggies, and rich peanuts. This healthy vegan twist on this classic Chinese dish (Kung Pao) will have everyone running to the table for seconds.
I love Asian food, I could eat it every day of the week. Perhaps, you have noticed by the number of Asian recipes I post on this blog ) Another favorite of mine is my – cheat’s tofu ramen!
If you love Chinese food that’s both spicy, sweet, and packs some heat, then this dish is for you! I absolutely love it. I simply couldn’t stop eating it.
This noodle dish has all the flavors and textures of:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Sweet & Sour Vegan Kung Pao Noodles recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Sweet & Sour Vegan Kung Pao Noodles
- Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup/59ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons molasses i used pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic about 4 to 5 cloves
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp chili flakes or powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 red bell pepper cut into long thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into long thin strips
- 1 medium red onion cut into long thin strips
- 2/3 to 1 cup peanuts optional
- 8 oz. Pad Thai brown rice noodles or similar style noodle/pasta like linguini, etc.
- Optional toppings:
- Chopped green onions scallions
- Chopped peanuts
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper flake
- Prep all the veggies as this recipe comes together fast.
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well, then set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large pot or a wok add the bell peppers and red onions, sauté over medium-high heat for approx. 5 to 7 minutes, just to slightly tender stage. Add a splash of water if they start to stick.
- Then move the veggies to the side of the dish and add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce starts to caramelize and thicken (about 3 to 4 minutes – this will help remove the “cornstarch/thickener” flavor from the sauce), then fold in the peanuts, and cooked rice noodles. Gently fold until the mixture thickens and evenly coats all the noodles and peanuts.
- Serve immediately and top with your favorite toppers like some additional chopped peanuts, crushed red pepper flake, toasted sesame seeds.