These Easy Vegan Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins have everything you need in a good Vegan Muffin plus more. These muffins are currently my favorite. They are not one of the healthiest I have made in this blog, but they sure taste amazing!
WHAT IS A PERFECT MUFFIN?
- Texture – A perfect muffin should be moist inside. If it is a fruit muffin, it should have plenty of that fruit in there.
- Size – Bigger the better, not just for the size but that also lets the muffin cook longer and hence achieve that perfect texture.
- Sweetness – A muffin technically can be eaten for breakfast. So too much sweetness makes it a little unacceptable for breakfast (I don’t mind it at all though).
Mistakes do avoid when making muffins:
Over mixing the batter – We need good muscle to bake good bread. But for a good muffin, way less mixing is what is needed. Over mixing the batter leads to a dense and chewy muffin. Mix the batter just until the dry and wet ingredients are combined.
Baking at the wrong temperature – The muffins need moderate heat and a little extended baking time to get the perfect texture. I find that the muffins that I bake in my large muffin tin tend to be much softer inside than the ones that I bake in the mini tins.
Domed top – Muffin needs a good dome top. So fill them up all the way. That gives a beautiful and well-risen muffin with a dome top (just like the bakery ones).
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- ▢2 cups/240g All Purpose flour
- ▢4 medium banana over ripe works the best
- ▢1 1/2 cups/100g Blueberry I used frozen
- ▢1/4 cup/60ml Vegetable oil
- ▢1 tsp Vanilla
- ▢1 cup/200g Organic Sugar ( I used coconut sugar but light brown sugar or cane sugar will work too!
- ▢1/2 tsp Salt
- ▢1 tsp Baking soda
- ▢1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- For the Crumble:
- ▢3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ▢6 tbsp Brown Sugar 70g
- ▢1/3 cup/40g All Purpose flour
- ▢2 tbsp Rolled Oats
- ▢1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix about 2 TBSPP of flour with the blueberries and keep it ready.
- Sift the flour along with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Peel the bananas and place it in a bowl
- Mash the bananas well with a fork. Then add the vanilla, oil, and sugar to the bananas and mix.
- Add the sifted flour mixture.
- Mix gently with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the blueberries saving a few to place on top of the muffins. Combine gently.
- Place liners in a muffin tin (optional) and fill it with batter. Fill them right at the top!
- Evenly distribute the reserved blueberries on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.