I finally decided to try an Easy Vegan Carrot Bacon recipe and I’m totally in love! I saw it circulating on the internet for a while, but I thought of it more as a novelty, rather than something I would make and eat often.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “but bacon, though” as a solid reason why someone can never go vegan. This really puzzles me because I ate pig bacon in the past, but I was never THAT crazy over it.
Anyway, if you do miss bacon, this is a very good alternative to it. Not saying it tastes just like ‘the real thing’ but the texture and flavors are close! 🙂
I’m not going to fool you into believing this tastes exactly like bacon. But if you can appreciate it for what it is, and that it makes a pretty darn good plant-based bacon replacement – well then, I think you’re going to love this carrot bacon recipe as much as I do!
It’s super versatile and great to have on hand! It’s also super easy to make and bakes up fast within 20 minutes. Plus, it’s gluten free, grain free.
Our ingredients are quite simple here:
1. Liquid Smoke
2. Soy Sauce
3. Herbs & Spices
In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients listed below and mix to combine.
Soak the carrot strips in the marinade and then bake. It’s so easy!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Carrot Bacon if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Vegan Carrot Bacon
- 2 carrots Best using large carrots you get wider strips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or tamari for GF option
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except the carrots in a bowl.
- Peel the outer skin of the carrots, then peel long strips out of the carrots.
- Coat the carrot strips with the marinade made out of all the sauces. Let the carrots marinate for 5 minutes and layout on a parchment-lined tray (essential as they stick like crazy)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/170°C.
- Bake the vegan bacon.
- Times vary so keep watching as they catch quickly, mine took about 20 mins.
- I cook them for less time if I want a bit of a chewy texture or longer for crispy
- They do crisp Up after cooling, don’t panic
- Also, the less time you cook them for, the smokier they taste!