Easy Vegan Corn Fritters – the perfect crispy bite! Loaded with corn, bell peppers, and green onions, these fritters are packed with flavor and done in 25 minutes or less!
If you like fritters and sweetcorn, you are in for a treat. These fritters taste sooooo good. They are fried with very little oil, but they are still crispy.
I like them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner even. If you see the picture, I have paired the fritters with some hummus, lettuce, chickpeas, and peas for a complete nutritious lunch.
It’s super easy to make these fritters. A thick batter is made separately, then all the veggies are added to the batter and mixed. The fritters are spooned into the hot pan and fried on both sides. This is it, simple, easy, delicious!
I used to really struggle to make fritters. I could never get the batter, or the proportions right. They were either too thick like a pancake or too loose, to the point where they wouldn’t hold together.
I believe this recipe has nailed it to the head. I have still managed to load it with veggies, so it’s not just all batter. A new favorite for me for sure, and hopefully, one for you too!
I hope you make these fritters and enjoy them.
More Vegan Lunch Recipes:
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Corn Fritters though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Corn Fritters
- 1/2 cup/130g cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup/ 125ml+ 1 tablespoon soy milk unsweetened (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup /175g unsalted corn canned or frozen (*see note)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil for frying
- Prepare a paper towel-lined plate or tray and set it aside.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, garlic, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine well.
- Add the milk and whisk until combined. The batter should be thick, but if it looks dry, add a few teaspoons of milk or oil to moisten.
- Add corn, bell pepper, and green onions. Fold with a spatula to combine.
- Heat up a Large Non-Stick Skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. When hot, drizzle oil on the bottom of the pan to coat.
- Using a Large Cookie Scoop (or 1/4 measuring cup filled 3/4 the way), scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter out and into the pan (you should hear the batter sizzle). Gently press down the mound to flatten. Repeat in a clockwise pattern until you run out of room. Don't crowd the pan or they won't crisp well.
- Cook fritters for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Using a spatula, check under the first fritter you placed to see if it's ready, then flip and repeat on the other side. Check the rest in the same clockwise direction and flip when ready. The other side will likely cook faster so keep an eye on them. If the pan is smoking, turn down the heat.
- Place fritters on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat the method until all batter is gone. Serve with dip and enjoy!