Easy Vegan Corn Fritters – the perfect crispy bite! Loaded with corn, bell peppers, and green onions, these fritters are packed with flavor and done in 25 minutes or less!
If you love crispy food and anything with corn, you’re going to LOVE these Easy Vegan Corn Fritters! They are so easy to whip up! You don’t need any special ingredients or equipment either – just a large non-stick skillet to crisp them up.
These fritters are not deep-fried, and I don’t use a lot of oil either. I use just enough to coat the pan which is about 1.5 tablespoons per batch. They turn golden and crisp up beautifully! You’ve gotta try them!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Corn Fritters though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Recipe makes about 9 small fritters or 6 larger ones!
1/2 cup/65g all-purpose flour ( or gluten-free flour )
1/4 cup/65g cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/2 cup/ 125ml+ 1 tablespoon soy milk, unsweetened (or any non-dairy milk)
1 cup corn/175g, unsalted canned or frozen (*see note)
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
rapeseed oil for frying
1. Prepare a paper towel-lined plate or tray and set aside.
To a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, garlic, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine well.
Add the milk and whisk until combined. The batter should be thick, but if it looks dry, add a few teaspoons of milk or oil to moisten.
2. Add the corn, bell pepper, and green onions. Fold with a spatula to combine.
Heat up a Large Non-Stick Skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. When hot, drizzle oil on the bottom of the pan to coat.
3. Using a Large Cookie Scoop (or 1/4 measuring cup filled 3/4 the way), scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter out and into the pan (you should hear the batter sizzle). Gently press down the mound to flatten. Repeat in a clockwise pattern until you run out of room. Don’t crowd the pan or they won’t crisp well.
4. Cook fritters for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Using a spatula, check under the first fritter you placed to see if it’s ready, then flip and repeat on the other side. Check the rest in the same clockwise direction and flip when ready. The other side will likely cook faster so keep an eye on them. If the pan is smoking, turn down the heat.
5. Place fritters on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat method until all batter is gone. Serve with dip and enjoy!
Why not serve these delicious fritters with our easy Buffalo Cheese Dip?
If using canned corn, drain and pat dry. For frozen corn, fully thaw first and pat dry.