This creamy Easy Vegan Creamy Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry is a comforting indulging curry made vegan and ultra comforting.
I love, love curries. I love the combination of sweet potatoes and lentils. They work so well together. I have salads on my blog where sweet potatoes and lentils are featured. So yum.
Another thing about sweet potatoes, they work SO WELL with coconut milk! This curry recipe is made using full fat coconut milk. All my favourite things in 1 place.
Did I say that this curry is loaded with veggies too? Typically, when you think of curry, you think of unhealthy occasional meal, but not this one! This one is just as comforting, but packed with goodness!
Plant-based protein and complex carbs from both the sweet potatoes and lentil. Mild spices and creamy sauce, just pure perfection.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Creamy Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Curry Recipes:
1. Oil-Free Vegan Pea & Potato Curry
2. Oil-Free Red Lentil Eggplant Curry
3. 25-Minute Vegan Okra Curry
Easy Vegan Creamy Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry
- ½ cup 90g red lentils rinsed, and drained
- 3¼ cups/750ml of water, divided
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 meduim onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 /2 inch/1cm knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced or grated
- 3 tbsp 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cups/266g cubed sweet potatoes
- 1-2 cup/90g Mix of veggies such as peppers, or zucchini, broccoli or a mix
- 13.5oz/1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 zest of lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 bunch coriander/cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch salt and cook until the onion is translucent about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and red curry paste and stir to combine.
- Cook the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes, until the paste is fragrant. Add the veggies, sweet potato, and lentils and mix well. (If using broccoli, you can add it in later so it doesn't overcook)
- Add the coconut milk, the remaining ¾ cup (180ml) water, salt, sugar, cayenne, lime zest, and lime juice and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Reduce the heat to low heat.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer for a few minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through and the flavors meld. Garnish with the coriander/cilantro and lime wedges.
Not a fan of lentils? Add 10 ounces (284g) cubed firm or extra-firm tofu, or cooked chickpeas instead of cooked lentils for a boost of plant-based protein.
In fall, you could use squash or pumpkin instead of sweet potatoes.
Feel free to stir in some frozen peas or some fresh spinach right in the end for some more color.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
Elizabeth8 November 2021 at 0h35
Mine was lighter in color and very liquid but sooooo good! Definitely a keeper!
Elena8 November 2021 at 12h07
So pleased you liked the recipe!