These Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Chickpea Burgers are loaded with protein and fiber, and are so chewy and delicious! If you want to be a bit cheeky ( like I was ) you can top your burgers with our easy homemade vegan mayo recipe!
These vegan GF chickpea burgers are really easy to make, all you need is 3 main ingredients and a few extra spices!
- Canned Chickpeas
- Canned Sweetcorn
- Gram Flour ( chickpea flour )
- Onion powder, or onion granules
- Smoked Paprika
- Lemon Juice
And of course, some wholemeal burger buns and some salad to serve!
How To Make Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Chickpea Burgers:
Literally, all you need to do to make them is mash the chickpeas, then add all the rest of the ingredients. The mix should hold and you will be able to shape your burgers easily.
Now, there are two ways of cooking these burgers, either fry them on a griddle or a non-stick frying pan or roast them in the oven. I roasted mine in the oven because that will make them slightly healthier and less fatty.
If you want to go the extra mile at keeping things cleaner, don’t use any oil, just bake them in the oven without any oil. They will still be tasty!
Serve them with your desired burger buns and toppings! These chickpea burgers are perfect for a vegan barbecue get-together on a hot summer day!
More Vegan Burger Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this hummus and pesto recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Chickpea Burgers
- 1 can/400g tin of chickpeas drained
- 1 cup/150g sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- To serve:
- 4 wholemeal buns
- Lettuce leaves separated
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Or the second option, which is healthier, is to heat the oven to 210c.
- Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and crush to a thick paste with a potato masher. Stir in the sweetcorn, onion powder, smoked paprika, lemon juice and plenty of salt and black pepper. Add the gram flour and mix well until everything starts to stick together.
- Divide the mixture into four, then form each quarter into a burger shape. Brush the burgers with oil and place on the griddle or on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cook on each side for 2 minutes, until crisp and hot through, Or bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Split the buns and griddle or toast them. Serve the burgers in the buns, topped with the black pepper and sea salt, lettuce leaves, tomato, and sliced red onion if you like. Serve immediately.
- If you want to be cheeky, you can use our easy homemade Vegan Mayonaisse recipe to top your burgers with!