These healthy Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Oatmeal Cookies are easy to make, taste so delicious, and are gluten-free. They make an awesome snack or a healthy dessert!
Peanut butter, sugar, and oats. No matter how those three things are combined, you know it’s going to be good. Whether it’s in a cookie form, a breakfast form, or bar form. it’s just an epic combination that never fails.
Today we’re turning those three goodies into the most incredible, chewy, dense, and delicious snack cookies!
These healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies are full of fiber, they’re quick to make, are perfectly sweet and have everything you need for a quick snack. We’re talking good for you fats, carbs, protein and natural sugars all in one!
The Best All Natural Peanut Butter
When it comes to all-natural peanut butter, the choices can be quite overwhelming. If you walk into any major health food store – or store that carries natural products – you’ll probably find at least 4 – 5 brands. So what’s the best all-natural peanut butter and which should you choose?
For me, it’s less about the brand and all about the label. Here’s what I look for in all-natural peanut butter:
- no added sugars
- no added oils
Basically, I want the ingredient list to have one thing: peanuts! From there, it’s all about personal taste and texture preferences. But of course – the best way is to simply make it yourself!
I make my own peanut butter, and it saves me money and time to look at labels and to look for good quality peanut butter.
How to make these amazing cookies:
For this recipe, you can choose either smooth or crunchy peanut butter. The flavor will still be the same, it’ll just be a slightly different texture depending on which you choose.
Once you’ve got your peanut butter selected, all you need to do is mix everything together in one bowl and bake it up. This is such a simple recipe and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Oatmeal Cookies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Peanut Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce/ or one large banana
- ¾ cup/190g of creamy peanut butter or chunky for more texture
- ½ cup/115g coconut sugar/light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup/45g quinoa flour or almond flour
- 1 cup/ 90g gluten-free quick-cooking oats use certified gluten-free if needed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180C. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flaxseed meal and water and set aside. Allow to gel for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Beat together applesauce(or banana) and peanut butter until creamy. Add sugar and flax eggs, and beat until combined.
- Add quinoa flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until incorporated. Spoon and shape cookies onto the baking tray. Bake on the center rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before eating or moving. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.