These Easy Vegan Hot Dogs are THE perfect plant-based alternative to regular hot dogs! Healthy, LOW-FAT, easy, delicious, and great for a barbecue in this beautiful summer.
Summer is a time for family reunions and cookouts. Who doesn’t like a good barbecue – its time for a laugh, gatherings, family time, and friends. It’s one of life’s good moments.
With these vegan hot dogs, you don’t have to miss out! They are the perfect replacement for the traditional meat hot dogs.
But, they sure are tasty and anyone who tries it will be more than satisfied. And, probably even amazed.
I know that you are thinking “How the heck can a carrot taste just as good as a hot dog?” The answer, it doesn’t. This is a vegan version, that comes close to the hot dog, but I am not gonna sit her and try to fool you.
I am pretty sure you’ve probably seen vegan hot dogs made out of carrots, well, I did, and I got inspired.
I created a marinate, then grilled these bad boys.
Stuff them in bread with some crispy onions and ketchup then you have the perfect barbecue food.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Hot Dogs if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Recipes:
Easy Vegan Hot Dogs
- 4-6 medium to large size carrots peeled and cut to bun length
- Favorite hot dog buns or rolls
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup/240ml water or low-sodium veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp white miso
- 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke optional
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar or regular white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- MAKE THE MARINATE:
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- TO COOK IN INSTANT POT:
- Preheat grill.
- Place carrots in your Instant Pot, pour the marinade over the carrots, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the carrot dogs have finished cooking in the Instant Pot, use the quick release, remove them from the Instant Pot and throw them onto the grill. Cook the carrot dogs for 2-3 minutes per side or until you get those really cool grill marks. Use leftover marinade to baste carrot dogs as they cook.
- Remove your dogs and serve on your favorite hot dog bun or roll fixed any way you like.
- If you don’t plan on eating your carrot dogs right away remove them from the Instant Pot and store in the fridge with the marinade until you are ready.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN INSTANT POT:
- Boil carrots for 8-10 minutes or until just tender enough to pierce with a fork. YOU DON’T WANT THEM MUSHY! Then, drain and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Put the carrots in a gallon Ziploc bag or airtight container and pour the marinade over the carrots. Be sure they all get covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, but overnight is best.
- Remove and follow the grill procedure mentioned above.
- DON’T WANT TO GRILL?
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots dogs and 1/2 cup of marinade to skillet. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until most, if not all, of the marinade has evaporated.
- Serve immediately.