Easy Vegan Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant With Tzatziki – a tasty, healthy vegan (WFPB) meal that looks impressive but is really easy to make!
Eggplants/Aubergines are one of my favorite vegetables, as long as they are properly cooked of course; a spongy, undercooked aubergine is a sad thing indeed. These Mediterranean style stuffed eggplants make great use of the vegetable for a meal that is super delicious. It’s easy to make and is really healthy!
The eggplants/aubergines are roasted until tender with some harissa then stuffed with a mixture of perfectly cooked couscous and a couple of other Mediterranean ingredients!
I also like to serve them with my homemade tzatziki. Served with a crisp salad they make a very satisfying and enjoyable meal.
If you don’t like eggplant/aubergine, this recipe is perfect for you! Because you can’t really taste the plain ‘bland’ eggplant here, all you can tase is delicious Morrocan tastes!
Do you like Eggplant/Aubergine?
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant With Tzatziki recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant With Tzatziki
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 tablespoons of harissa + 2 more extra for the couscous
- To cook the couscous:
- 1 2/3 cups/200 of dry couscous
- 1.26 cup/300ml of stock
- 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds or ground
- 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- To add in the couscous:
- 1/4 yellow pepper sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 6 almond chopped
- 4 hearts of marinated artichokes chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes chopped.
- To make the tzatziki:
- 4 tablespoons of dairy-free yogurt
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp of dill fresh of dry
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Slice the aubergine lengthways and score the flesh with a knife. Top the aubergine/eggplant with the harissa making sure it goes inside the knife scores.
- Place the eggplant in a tray and bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Lightly toast using a dry pan all the spice seeds for the couscous, then in a pan add the couscous, the roasted spices, the salt, and the vegetable stock.
- Put the pan on low heat and cook the couscous for about 6-8 minutes (do not add any more water or stock)
- It should be perfectly cooked if you follow these instructions!
- MAKE TZATZIKI:
- Mix all the ingredients listed above for the tzatziki. Set aside.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant once baked and dice them.
- In a bowl add the couscous, eggplant/aubergine flesh, and all the vegetables + 2 tablespoons of harissa. Mix well then stuff that mixture back to the eggplant skins.
- Drizzle the homemade tzatziki and serve!