These Easy Vegan Parmesan Baked Asparagus Fries are coated in panko to make them super crispy and crunchy. There is also an optional recipe for spicy vegan garlic yogurt sauce to dip your asparagus in!
Make these panko-crusted baked asparagus fries as a healthy snack or side dish! Flavorful, crunchy, and so easy to make. Eat them as is or with a tasty garlic yogurt dip made vegan-style!
Asparagus is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients like vitamins A & C, fiber, and folate. It’s also a natural diuretic which is great if you tend to hold onto water.
If you are looking to add more asparagus to your diet, I totally recommend making baked asparagus fries. These ones are breaded with panko to make them extra crunchy. Panko is made with wheat, but if you eat a gluten-free diet – good news! You can find gluten-free panko, too. Ian’s makes a gluten-free panko that is also free of many other common allergens.
Traditionally, the process of breading includes an egg dip to hold onto the breadcrumbs. However, aquafaba is a great substitute for a vegan option.
Aquafaba is simply chickpea juice, which is the liquid you find in a can of chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans).
For this recipe, we are simply coating the asparagus spears in aquafaba and then rolling them in a panko + seasoning mixture. Pop the breaded asparagus in the oven until golden brown and tender and BAM. Healthy side dish or snack at the ready.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Parmesan Baked Asparagus Fries if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Crispy Asparagus Fries
- Baked Asparagus Fries:
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup aquafaba*/dairy-free milk
- Garlicky herb yogurt dip:
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed or minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450/200c/ degrees F.
- Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the panko, garlic powder, and salt. Pour the aquafaba/dairy-free milk into another dish.
- Coat each spear of asparagus in the aquafaba, then in the panko mixture.
- Place into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (until the panko is browned and the asparagus is tender.)
- Spicy Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce:
- If you want a super tasty dipping sauce to go along with your asparagus fries, simply mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Add more cayenne if you love things super spicy.
- *Aquafaba is the liquid in a can of chickpeas. It works great as an egg substitute in many vegan recipes.