These Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread Cookies are the perfect healthy treat to curb that banana bread craving…oh and cozy fall craving too!
If you’re in need of a way to use up those brown bananas sitting on your counter, look no further than these delicious gluten-free pumpkin-spiced banana cookies! These healthy banana cookies are moist, naturally sweet, and only call for 6 simple ingredients – just perfect!
Sometimes, I get a craving for banana bread, but I know how unhealthy it can be, and sometimes I just cant stop at only eating one slice…so half the loaf ends up going in….anyway! A cookie version of the banana bread came to mind, and since its fall, I also decided to throw in some pumpkin spice! – And it worked out great!
You guys will be the judges of that (OBVS)!!
I wanted to keep this banana cookie recipe as simple as possible, using as few ingredients as I could. I think I rose up to the challenge if I do say so myself. Here’s what you’ll need to make these vegan banana bread cookies:
Ingredients For These Yummy Cookies:
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin Spice Mix
By using only a handful of ingredients, it allowed the banana flavor to really shine. I mean, you can’t have banana cookies without banana! And of course, the background hint of pumpkin spice makes everything just a bit cozier!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread Cookies if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread Cookies
- 2/3 cup/96g of almond flour or oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice or spice mix
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 medium-sized overly ripe mashed bananas
- Optional add-ins:
- chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/175C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the almond flour/oat flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice to a bowl and mix well
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the dry ingredients
- Add the maple syrup.
- Mix until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet
- Gently flatten the cookies with a fork or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the middles have set and aren't wet (mine were perfect at 23 minutes)
- After the cookies come out of the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool
- Let the cookies come to room temperature before eating