Easy Vegan Shopska Salad – a traditional Bulgarian salad made vegan.
You really need to try this salad, it’s packed with juicy tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, with an olive oil and vinegar dressing, topped with grated vegan feta for saltness. It’s a salad everyone will love!
A gluten-free, dairy-free vegan summer that tastes delicious and might just become your next favorite salad!
So, what is Shopska Salad?
Shopska salad is a Bulgarian cold salad popular throughout Southeastern Europe. This is Bulgaria’s most famous dish and national salad. The ingredients used were chosen in part because they resemble the three colors of the Bulgarian flag, and thus would evoke a national sentiment.
It is made from tomatoes, cucumbers, onion/scallions, raw or roasted peppers, white cheese (popularly known as feta cheese), and parsley. The vegetables are usually diced and salted, followed by a light dressing of sunflower oil (or olive oil, which is less authentic), which is occasionally complemented by vinegar.
Today, I am making a vegan twist to this traditional Bulgarian salad.
How To Make Shopska Salad:
Perfect for summer, this salad requires fresh ingredients only.
6.Vegan Feta Cheese
All the vegetables are diced, then the salt, olive oil, and vinegar are added. Everything is nicely coated then you add the veggies to a serving dish. Finish with grated feta and chopped fresh parsley.
More Salad Recipes To Try:
1.Oil-Free Roasted Eggplant Chickpea Salad
2.Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad
3.Easy Asian Spiced Noodles & Veg Salad
Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Shopska Salad recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Shopska Salad
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1/2 head of red onion
- 2/3 cup/134g of grated vegan feta cheese
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- A handful of fresh parsley - chopped
- Dice the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber into cubes. Chop the onion and add them all to a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar on top, and sprinkle the salt. Coat everything nicely.
- Trasnfer the salad onto a servin dish, and sprnkle the chopped parsley followed by the vegan grated feta.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023