If you are missing smoked salmon as vegan, this Easy Vegan Smoked Salmon recipe is for YOU!
Made with super simple ingredients, and the method is just as easy! I found it particularly well, paired with my homemade bagels, and vegan cream cheese…I mean, it’s a classic!
So, we are using carrots to make this recipe!
Yep, vegan salmon done with carrots….you might be a bit skeptical at first, but once you try it, you will love it!
The liquid smoke in this recipe is pretty essential for giving it a nice smoky flavour. You can usually get this at a health food shop, cruelty-free shop, or buy it online! I blanched the carrots before I baked them – it helps give them a softer consistency.
If you leave the ‘salmon’ carrots in the fridge for a couple of days it softens up a bit more and tastes even better!
Do let me know how you found this recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Smoked Salmon
- 2 meduim-sized carrots peeled off the skin then peeled the flesh
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh or dried dill
- Preheat oven to 350F/180℃
- Peel carrots thinly discarding the original outer of the peel. I used a standard peeler for this. Once the carrot gets thinner it gets a bit harder to peel so I eat that bit! Steam the carrots for 5 minutes on a double boiler. Then add the carrots and all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then add in a baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a container. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy on a bagel with vegan cream cheese!
Calories do not include the bagel and cream 'cheese'!