This Easy Vegan Sticky BBQ ‘Pulled Pork’ is incredible! It’s easy to make, it’s made out of vegetables and spiced like you would a pork. Can be used as taco filling, sandwiches, as side – anything you fancy. It’s gluten-free too!
Now I know you tend to see a lot of vegan recipes out there saying “Look at that fried carrots, tastes just like a hot-dog” and it normally doesn’t. Now, this is not obviously going to tastes 100% like pulled pork, but what I am trying to do is somehow replicate the tastes, using the same sauces and spices you would normally use on the pork. So it just ends up reminding you of the pulled pork, but its far from being the same.
I like trying to replicated certain meat dishes, because there are a lot of vegans out there who miss those dishes, especially the new vegans. So, it’s good in way to try to find a replicate that can satisfy the craving for this food, without dropping everything and start eating meat again.
So I simply used:
2. Red onions
No expensive stuff here, although, I would recommend using a good quality BBQ sauce – it does make a difference!
Let’s make some ‘Pulled Pork’!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Sticky BBQ ‘Pulled Pork’ if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Recipes:
1. Easy Homemade Vegan Subway
2. Superfood Goodness Bowls
3. Easy Vegan Tomato Dhal With Onion Tarka
Easy Vegan Sticky BBQ 'Pulled Pork'
- 1 large carrots sliced on strips thinly
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons of good quality BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the carrots and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the spices, cook for 2 more minutes, then add the bbq sauce and water. Cook on low heat until the sauce has almost evaporated and it’s looking thick, and the carrots are soft. Serve immediately.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023