This Easy Vegan Sweetcorn Tuna Sandwich is simply amazing. It’s so easy to make and tastes remarkably close to actual tuna. It’s wonderful on sandwiches for a vegan tuna salad sandwich!
Here in the UK there is this favorite combo with sweetcorn and tuna sandwiches. So I decided to ‘veganise’ this favorite combo!
It’s incredibly easy to make, simply mix a couple of ingredients together and you are done!
The base of this recipe is mashed chickpeas and I think you can already guess that mashed chickpeas will not equal the texture of real tuna in any universe.
However, when you add all kinds of deliciousness to your mashed chickpeas, like vegan mayo (of course), finely chopped nori, lemon juice, chopped capers, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, tamari, and white vinegar, basically all the ingredients that you would normally recognize when eating regular fish.
It makes an incredibly tasty filling meal, for not a lot of calories!
Where do I Get A Good Vegan Mayo?
I love Hellman’s Vegan Mayo!
But, as I mentioned above – if you want to be slightly healthier, I would sub the mayo for tahini! You will still get the creaminess from it.
STORING AND FREEZING:
Leftovers keep very well in a covered container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just give it a good stir again before serving in case any slight separation has occurred (it’s okay if this happens).
You can also freeze some if you like. Just freeze in a freezer-safe container and when you want to use it again, thaw it in the fridge.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Sweetcorn Tuna Sandwich if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Sweetcorn Tuna Sandwich
- 1 15 oz 425g Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1/4 cup 60g Vegan Mayonnaise (or tahini for a healthier option)
- 1 Nori Sheet Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup/half a small Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp dry or fresh dill chopped
- 1 rbsp Capers Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Tamari/soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- A handful of sweet corn
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Sprinkle Ground Black Pepper
- Add the chickpeas to a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add all the rest do the ingredients to the mashed chickpeas and mix.
- Taste test and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix in and you’re ready to serve!
- You can stuff them in a sandwich or eat it as it is as a salad.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023