So this Easy Warming & Nutritious Curried Chickpea Soup is packed full of flavour and nutrients! it’s perfect for the cold weather, and when you are in a need for a warming dish!
Soups are amazing, because they tend to be filling, and low on calories. Especially when you have a soup like this one, loaded with high protein chickpeas and fibre.
When you are busy, but still want to cook a meal from scratch, this recipe comes very handy, because it’s super easy to make.
Another cheeky thing you can do, is if you want to turn this recipe into less ‘soupy’ and more ‘curry’ simply add half a can/tin of tomatoes and half the tin/can of coconut milk, so it will be a bit thicker and you will be able to use it as a curry instead, and garnish it with some rice, and perhaps with our easy Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans
More Easy Soup Recipes To Try:
1.Easy Smooth Carrot And Cilantro Soup
2. Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup
3. Easy Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Warming & Nutritious Curried Chickpea Soup recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Making The Chickpea Soup:
Each serving contains approximately 322 calories.
1 thumb-sized ginger peeled and minced
One white onion sliced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of garam masala
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of curry powder
One red chili deseeded and chopped
400g can/tin of chopped plum tomatoes
400g can/tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
5 tablespoons of ground almonds
1 tin of whole coconut milk
1. In a deep saucepan, heat gently the olive oil and add the onion and cook on low heat for about 6 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, and chili and cook for one more minute. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, the coconut milk and the chickpeas and the ground almonds and some salt.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
vurtil opmer5 February 2020 at 21h35
Real great visual appeal on this site, I’d value it 10 10.
elena6 February 2020 at 19h00
Oh my God, made our day! Thank you!