These Easy WFPB Bean Koftas & Hummus Appetizer (Oil + Gluten-Free) are going to be your favorite new appetizer to make for your guests! Or, for anything really….in a sandwich? On top of your salad? In a wrap? In a Stew….Anything! They are pretty versatile.
Vegan doesn’t mean you’re going to miss out on yummy and delicious meals, not at all! These wholesome vegan appetizers are just fabulous, not only are they packed with flavor, but they’re healthy, easy to make, and budget-friendly.
This appetizer is suitable for a gluten-free diet, Whole Food Plant-Based diet, they are also oil-free.
The perfect healthy kick, that tastes so yummy!
The bean koftas are made with simple ingredients:
1. White beans – I chose cannellini, but any white bean will do ( I used canned )
2. Oats ( use certified gluten-free to make them GF )
3. Spices and herbs
For the hummus, I used my easy healthy creamy Avocado Hummus….But you can have these koftas with any hummus you like!
This is the perfect appetizer for me, in fact, if I add a side of salad or tabbouleh, I get a complete nutritious meal!
What are your favorite appetizers?
Let me know! I would love to find out your favorites and perhaps steal an idea or two…
I have got a couple of other favorites, check them out if you like:
Easy Oil-Free Baba Ghanoush ( Lebanese Eggplant Dip )
Quick Healthy Sweet Potato Hummus
Easy Homemade Vegan Pistachio Cheese
Do let me know how you found this Easy WFPB Bean Koftas & Hummus Appetizer (Oil + Gluten-Free) if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy WFPB Bean Koftas & Hummus Appetizer (Oil + Gluten-Free)
- 13 oz can/400 g white bean drained and rinsed
- two ribs celery diced
- 1 cup/100g of rolled oats use certified gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small shallot chopped
- To serve:
- Avocado Hummus or hummus of choice
- Fresh Parsley
- Sriracha Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 365F/190°C.
- In a blender or food processor blitz together the beans, cellery, shallot, and spices. Don’t blitz too much, otherwise, it will be mushy. Leave a bit of chunk!
- Transfer it to a bowl and mix it together with the oats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and scoop a spoonful of the mixture into your hand and form the balls or patties, placing them on the baking sheet.If you are not bothered - you can drizzle them with oil, but I kept mine oil-free. They were still very crunchy!
- Bake them for about 40 minutes, turning them at half time, so both sides will be evenly golden. Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving, that will harden them a bit.
- To serve, spread the Avocado Hummus on a bottom of a plate, top with the koftas, drizzle some sriracha and finish with a fresh parasley leaf.
Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
It can be frozen too!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023