This Gluten-Free Baked Pistachio Falafel recipe is absolutely delicious and remarkably crispy! Be sure to allow 4 hours soaking time for the chickpeas, preferably overnight. Then, the falafel mixture is super easy to make in a food processor. Recipe yields 12 to 13 falafels.
I love, love falafel. I have mentioned this a couple of times, but falafel used to be a big regular staple in my diet when I first went vegan. I have calmed down now a bit, especially since I found other delicious vegan recipes to make and eat.
The problem with falafel is, that it’s the most common vegan alternative in most cafes/restaurants. So I can understand why it may seem a bit boring now from a vegan perspective.
That is why I made things a bit more interesting, and added pistachios to these falafels, and it really is a game changer.
How To Make This Delicious Falafel:
The chickpeas are soaked in water overnight ideally, or for at least several hours. This is essential.
Then, the ingredients are added to a food processor, and blitzed until a rough dough. Doesn’t have to be smooth. In fact, I would leave it chunky.
Shape into balls, and bake. Job done! I love serving this falafel with the classic stuff, pita bread (pita bread is vegan, in case you were wondering), hummus, veggies and etc. You get the picture.
More Relevant Recipes:
1. Easy Plant-Based Koftas With Chickpea Tabbouleh
2. Vegan Broccoli Chickpea Stuffed Flatbreads
3. Easy Baked Vegan Gluten-Free Chickpea Cakes
Do let me know how you found this Gluten-Free Baked Pistachio Falafel if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Gluten-Free Baked Pistachio Falafel
- 1 cup/200g dried soaked overnight chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tsp ground cilantro powder
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 handful of fresh parsley or herbs of choice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of gram flour aka chickpea flour
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Or for a minimum of 2 hours in hot water if you are in a rush.
- The next day, drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and process until you have a chunky paste.
- Using a tablespoon, take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball using your hands. Place each ball on the baking tray and push them down slightly. Repeat this until you have used up your entire mixture.
- Brush the falafels with extra oilive oil if you like.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip them halfway through.
- Once cooked, allow to cool down slightly before serving.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023