These Gluten-Free Lemon & Pepper Cauliflower Wings are absolutely divine! They’re coated in a sweet and spicy lemon peppery sauce – just pure perfection!
These aren’t your regular lemon pepper wings though. Of course naturally they are vegan, but also, after being deliciously seasoned, they’re topped with a sweet and spicy lemon pepper glaze. I was never a fan of the lemon pepper butter sauce, but I have always been a massive fan of sweet and spicy glazes. Hello my Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Wings, looking right at you! So I decided to give them a whirl for these wings and they worked out perfectly!
Let’s get right into these Gluten-Free Lemon & Pepper Cauliflower Wings. First you will need to bathe the cauliflower wings onto a batter, then bake. Meanwhile – you make the juicy lemony sticky sauce. Once the cauliflower is baked, dip the baked cauliflower in the sticky lemony sauce and bake again.
You can top the cauliflower wings with anything you like – I opted for sesame seeds and diced coriander!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these Gluten-Free Lemon & Pepper Cauliflower Wings if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Gluten-Free Lemon & Pepper Cauliflower Wings
- Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 medium head cauliflower if using a large head you may need to double the batter and sauce quantities
- ¾ cup/96g of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup/250g of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup/125g crispy gluten-free breadcrumbs seasoned with salt & pepper and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- chopped parsley and freshly grated lemon zest for garnish
- Lemon Pepper Glaze:
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 teaspoon water mix together separately from the rest of ingredients in a small bowl for a cornstarch slur
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F/230 degrees C.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking sheet or greased foil. Using a knife, remove florets from the cauliflower (aka cut off the leaves and don't use the stems). Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces to resemble the size of the wings.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the gluten-free flour, 1/2 tsp of salt almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the black pepper seasoning in a bowl to make the batter. If the batter is too thick, feel free to thin it out with some more milk and vice versa. In a separate bowl, place the breadcrumbs. Line it up beside the batter bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter mixture (you can add them all at once), using a spatula or spoon to coat them all. Transfer them to the breadcrumbs (you can do this in two or three batches) to coat completely, then place onto the baking sheet, giving each wing enough space. Repeat until all of the wings are coated.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Just ensure your oven is completely preheated and hot.
- While baking, prepare the ingredients for the sauce by heating & whisking all the sauce ingredients together When hot, add the cornflour water mix and mix again. It should thicken. Take off the heat.
- Remove the wings from the oven once baked.
- Toss the wings in the sauce then using tongs or a spoon, remove and place back on the baking sheet. Bake for another 5 minutes for the sauce to soak into the wings. Take them off from oven and, and garnish with parsley/cilantro and freshly grated lemon zest. Eat immediately.
Reheat in the oven.