We are all about a sweet breakfast treat, and this healthy old-fashioned Gluten-Free Vegan Coffee Crumble Bars is just the perfect way to start your morning with a treat. This tender, lightly sweet, filled with cinnamon goodness and a tasty crumble topping that tastes decadent, but is healthy and wholesome, is a fantastic addition to your breakfast or dessert. It is sure to make guests and family think you laboured in the kitchen over this deliciousness.
It’s Whole Food Plant-Based, vegan, plant-based, oil-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, no highly processed ingredients. Simply the perfect cake!
I love this coffee cake or should I call it tea cake because I love it with tea… Love to start my morning snuggled up with a warm cup of tea. And this delicious cake is a perfect accompaniment with tea or coffee. It is definitely one of those cozy types of cakes that reminds you of something grandma would have made during the holidays or for company.
Do let me know how you found these Gluten-Free Vegan Coffee Crumble Bars if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Gluten-Free Vegan Coffee Crumble Bars
- ¾ cup/75g of rolled oats chopped
- 1 ¼ cup/150g of almond flour/gluten-free flour / or spelt If not GF
- ¼ cup/30g of brown rice flour/quinoa flour or just extra oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup/104g of coconut sugar/ organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of molasses optional
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup/118g unsweetened plain plant milk I used Oat milk
- 1/3 cup/83g of unsweetened applesauce/or 1 large banana
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup/ 50g of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup/30g almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180C. Place the oven rack in the center position.
- Make the Crumble Topping– Place ½ cup oats in a food processor to break them up, about 20 seconds. Then add all the remaining Crumble Toppingingredients to the food processor and process until well combined. The Crumble Topping should be “loose” but hold together when taking a small amount and pressing it into a ball. (see notes). Set aside.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the Coffee Cake by placing ¾ cup oats in a food processor to break them up, about 20 seconds. Then add all the remaining Coffee Cake ingredients to the food processor and process until well combined.
- Pour the Coffee Cake batter into the parchment-lined 8 x 8 baking dish, smooth out carefully to make the batter even and level. Then place the Crumble Topping on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 28 to 30 minutes. Note: Place a piece of foil across the top of the cake at the 15-minute mark to prevent over-browning of the crumble.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for at least 25 minutes, serve warm with warm vegan custard if you like, but it's great cold too.