Gluten & Oil-free Vegan Lemon Cake that literally takes 10 minutes to put in the oven! You are going to want to eat this lemon loaf all day. As a breakfast, as an afternoon snack… This lemon loaf is perfectly moist, lemony with crunchy sugar on top. An easy recipe made in 1 bowl! It’s a must with a cup of tea!
Made healthier – no oil or gluten is present here. No processed gluten-free flours, just pure oat flour! You can easily make your own oat flour by simply blending oats in a blender. Yep – it’s that simple. Takes a while to bake – but the wait is totally worth it when you cut into a perfectly moist and fluffy lemon cake.
Obviously, considering it’s made without eggs or oil- it wouldn’t be as fluffy as perhaps you would like – but it’s perfect for what it is! It took me a couple of attempts to get my baking timings right – so it’s really important that you follow the exact baking times shown in the recipe below.
Also, if you like to keep your lemon cake extra fluffy – simply ignore the glaze at the end. It will soak up the inside of the cake if you do glaze it, but I just really enjoy an extra lemony glazed cake.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Gluten & Oil-free Vegan Lemon Cake if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Gluten & Oil-free Vegan Lemon Cake
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup/163g plain vegan yogurt
- 1/3 cup/78 ml non-dairy milk I used almond milk
- 1 cup/200g of light brown organic sugar or coconut sugar
- zest of 2 lemons approximately 1 tablespoon
- Juice of 2 lemons 🍋
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 and 1/2 cups/200g of oat flour or quinoa flour
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup/30g light brown organic sugar or coconut sugar
- juice from 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180c. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the flour to the top of the wet ingredients. Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda. Whisk everything together until fully combined. Don't over mix. Pour the cake batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. I always bake mine for the full 55 minutes. If you find it getting to brown tent it with foil for the last 10 minutes. (I've never had to do that but ovens can vary)
- Lemon Glaze: While the cake is baking, in a bowl whisk together the sugar and lemon juice and set aside.
- Remove the loaf from the oven when baked. While still warm poke some holes usng bthe game tester, then brush the lemon glaze over the top of the vegan loaf with a pastry brush or evenly drizzle it over with a spoon. Let cool in the pan for another 15 minutes and then remove from the pan to place the loaf gently onto a cooling rack.
- Let fully cool before slicing and Enjoy!