These Healthy Almond & Seed Chocolate Breakfast Cookies have a lot going for them.
Sweet notes of banana and rich molasses.
We have got turmeric in there too believe it or not. Who knew you would put turmeric in a cookie…Well, I did!
- dairy-free milk
- almond flour
- nuts and seeds
So you can really customize any which way you like. It is not a super-sweet cookie (especially if you skip the molasses), but just sweet enough to be the perfect anytime snack. And so soft and fluffy!
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Healthy Almond & Seed Chocolate Breakfast Cookies Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
How To Make Healthy Almond & Seed Chocolate Breakfast Cookies:
Makes about 10-12 cookies
3 (325g) ripe bananas
1/3 cup (75g) nondairy milk
1/4 cup molasses (80g) or back treacle (optional)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp of ginger
3 cups (330g) almond flour (or oat flour option)
1/3 cup hemp seeds (50g) I added pumpkin seeds, so it’s up to you what you would like.
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (60g)
2 tbsp chia seeds (25g)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (40g)
1. Blend the bananas, milk, molasses.
2. Add the spices and almond flour. Blend until combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. It should be quite thick and just barely able to blend, if not add 1/4 cup more flour.
3. Stir in the nuts/seeds/chocolate chips.
4. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper leaving enough space for some
spreading. You will need 2 pans or to bake them in 2 batches.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F/180c or until lightly brown on the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
7. Enjoy warm or I actually prefer them chilled. These Healthy Almond & Seed Chocolate Breakfast Cookies will last in the fridge for up to a week.