This Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad is perfect for the hot summer days as it is a no-fuss recipe. It’s refreshing, with different textures, and very simple! Just adding, mixing, and shaking things up then you have a meal for the entire family! This delicious lentil salad is also gluten-free.
This butternut squash lentil salad can be eaten either warm or cold, served as a side, for a dinner party, or for a wholesome filling plant-based lunch.
This lentil and butternut squash salad has got healthy fats only, and it’s high in fiber and packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
An amazing dish that will provide long-lasting satiety and stable blood sugar levels.
This color-popping, vitamin-packed substantial salad is guaranteed to go down a treat on any buffet table. It would also be ideal to serve at a barbeque or pack along for a picnic.
The combination of ingredients is so perfect – wholesome lentils, nutty tahini, colorful, and juicy Butternut Squash & red onions.
You can easily cook this recipe the day before, and pack it for lunch the next day.
It will keep in the fridge sealed in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
More Plant-Based Salad Recipes:
Do let me know how you found this Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad
- 1/2 cup/100g of dry green lentils soaked overnight in water ideally, or for at least 3 hours
- 3 3/5 cups/500g of peeled and diced butternut squash or sweet potato
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1/2 broccoli head cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- Soak the lentils in water for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 420°F/200c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut and peel the butternut squash into bite-sized pieces, toss with sliced red onion, and broccoli with the extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, and spread on a bakingtray. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until soft and very brown in spots, turning halfway through.
- While the butternut is roasting, prepare the lentils. Add the strained soaked lentils to a pot and add vegetable stock/water to cover the lentils. Cook on low heat for about 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Once the lentils are cooked, drain them and toss them with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, the salt, and black pepper.
- To serve, place the roasted butternut on a serving platter and top with the lentils, red onion, broccoli, and drizzle 1-2 tbsp of tahini.