This Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad is perfect for the hot summer days as it is a no-fuss recipe. It’s refreshing, with different textures, and very simple! Just adding, mixing, and shaking things up then you have a meal for the entire family!
This salad can be warm or cold, served as a side, for a dinner party, or for a wholesome filling low-calorie lunch.
This dish is low in fat and high in fiber and packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
An amazing dish that will provide long-lasting satiety and stable blood sugar levels.
This color-popping, vitamin-packed substantial salad is guaranteed to go down a treat on any buffet table. It would also be ideal to serve at a barbeque or pack along for a picnic.
The combination of ingredients is so perfect – wholesome lentils, nutty tahini, colorful, and juicy Butternut Squash & red onions.
You can easily cook this recipe the day before, and pack it for lunch the next day.
It will keep in the fridge sealed in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Healthy Lentil Butternut & Tahini Salad
- 1/2 cup/100g of dry green lentils soaked overnight in water ideally, or for at least two hours
- 2 teaspoons of tahini
- 3 3/5 US cups/500g of peeled and diced butternut squash or sweet potato
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1/2 broccoli head cut into florets
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 420°F/200c and set the oven rack to the highest setting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut and peel the butternut squash into bite-sized pieces, toss with sliced red onion with the extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, and spread on a sheet tray. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until soft and very brown in spots, turning halfway through.
- While the butternut is roasting, prepare the lentils. Add the lentils in a pot and add vegetable stock to cover the lentils. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.15 minutes after cooking the lentils, add the broccoli florets and cook them together with the lentils until soft.
- Once the lentils and broccoli are cooked, drain it and toss them with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, the salt, and black pepper.
- To serve, place the roasted butternut on a serving platter and top with the lentils, red onion, broccoli, and a drizzle of tahini.