These Healthy Vegan 3-Ingredient Banana And Oat Cookies are so healthy and easy to make. There is no dairy, no eggs, no wheat, no oil, no milk, and no butter in this healthy cookie recipe but they still taste amazing.
Suitable for vegan, whole food plant-based, and general healthy diets. It’s the perfect cookie to kick-start your healthy eating after all the naughty Christmas treats. It’s ideal for when you are still missing something sweet, but guilt-free.
I love this healthy cookie recipe as it’s sweetened just with banana without any syrups making it cheap and easy to source the ingredients. As the whole banana is used it retains all of its healthy fiber and the natural sugar is slowly released.
This cookie recipe is great for children as it can be called a cookie and it tastes so good they don’t realize it’s actually healthy. A great filling on the go breakfast as it’s loaded with protein, fiber, nutrition, and complex unrefined carbohydrates that keep you filled.
There’s nothing wrong with carbs and sugar if like this they just come from whole food ingredients like oats, banana, and whole nuts.
This is why nutritional information can be so damaging as not all calories, fats, etc are created equally.
The fats from avocado are a world apart from the chemically extracted GMO refined oils that a doughnut is fried in, but nutritional information doesn’t convey this. For more information have a look at our article: Fat And Carbohydrates Are Good For Losing Weight
Anyway! If I did get you convinced that these are healthy and that you shouldn’t be scared of fats and carbs. Let’s make these yummy cookies!
This recipe makes 6 large cookies, you can make 12 smaller cookies if you prefer and reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes. I prefer making big ones as its easier and 1 is a proper serving. If the base of the cookie is golden but the top isn’t then trying grilling for a few minutes.
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
150g of oats ( you can use gluten-free oats if you want these cookies suitable for a GF diet)
4 tablespoons of any nut butter ( I personally used peanut butter)
1. Place the whole rolled oats in a blender and blend for a few seconds until finely ground. You can use pure instant oats if you prefer instead.
2. Peel the bananas then mash and mix along with the ground oats and peanut butter.
3. Spoon the peanut butter cookie dough onto a lined baking tray using about 1 heaped tablespoon. I use parchment paper but any non-stick sheet is good for this cookie recipe as long as it’s heat resistant.
4. Use a fork to flatten and spread out each healthy cookie to about the size of a large orange. Make sure the cookies are all the same thickness so they cook evenly.
5. Place in the oven at 190C for about 20-30 minutes until the top and bottom of the cookies start to go golden. Remove from the oven and enjoy the cookies immediately or, if you would like them slightly crunchier, simply leave them to cool completely.
These Healthy Vegan 3-Ingredient Banana And Oat Cookies taste best within hours of being made as they are oil-free but will last for up to 5 days. If eating a few days after being made it’s best to heat them up.
Use bananas that are over-ripe to make these banana sweetened cookies. The riper the banana, the sweeter it will be. This makes the cookies really sweet and the perfect fluffy but still gluten-free texture. Experiment with different nut or seed butters as you don’t need to use just peanut butter to make these healthy cookies.
I hope you enjoy them, and please do let me know whether you like them, I appreciate any feedback and new ideas!