These Healthy Vegan GF Mushroom & Quinoa Bites are crispy on the outside, nice and creamy on the inside, these veggie balls were a big success with my family. Chop the veggies finely for a smooth texture (you can use a food processor to help with that) of leave them larger for a chunky consistency.
These mushroom bites are a little haven! They are also so versatile, and easy to add in on any dish.
You can stuff them in your sandwich or a wrap, add them onto your salad, buddha bowl, or snack on them on their own!
The food processor (if using) does all the work for you, then of course – the oven. These beauties come out in no time, and are just little perfections!
More Mushroom Recipes:
Do let me know how you found these Healthy Vegan GF Mushroom & Quinoa Bites though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Mushroom quinoa bites
Recipe makes 12-14 bites
– 150 g mushrooms, finely chopped
– 1 onion, very finely chopped
– 1 red pepper, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup/90g quinoa, boiled according to instructions on the packaging
– 1 big potato, (about 260g) diced into chunks
– 2-3 garlic cloves, mashed
– a handful fresh parsley, chopped
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
– 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil (sunflower or other)
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt, black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the pepper and cook for 2 minutes more, then add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil, add the potatoes and cook until fork-tender. Drain potatoes, place them in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add in the mushroom mixture, quinoa, garlic, parsley, sesame, and spices. Combine well. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
3. Using an ice cream scoop (or simply your hands), form little balls and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 F/200c until the outside is slightly crispy (about 25 minutes, depending on the oven). Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad (try my easy Kale tabbouleh) and enjoy!