These Healthy Vegan Moist Raspberry & Chocolate Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat! Topped with fresh raspberries they’re flavor-packed and naturally sweetened! These yummy muffins are also Gluten-free, Oil-free, and incredibly healthy compared to the store-bought muffins.
These muffins are really healthy and yet they are so yummy and satisfying. They can be easily packed, for a quick breakfast on the go, or a snack in the afternoon. They are really filling too, and don’t contain many calories compared to the shop-bought muffins. These muffins are simply packed full of goodness and a touch of sweetness for a greater satisfaction!
It’s definitely not rocket science to make these gorgeous muffins, simply combine both wet and dry ingredients separately, then mix them together, fold in the chocolate chips, then divide the mixture onto your prepared muffin tins, press a few raspberries and bake! That’s it!
Now the best job is left, to simply eat them and enjoy them!
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
Umm, before we start, please do let us know how you found the recipe, and if you do like what you are seeing and tasting, do subscribe to our newsletter to keep getting yummy vegan recipes, or check out our Facebook page!
♥ Thank you ♥
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 5 large muffins Calories 283 kcal per muffin
1/2 cup mashed banana (1 cup 300g) or 2 large bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or just add another banana)
85g/1/4 cup maple syrup
60ml/1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
120g/ 1 1/4 cup oat flour made from ground gluten-free oats
50g/ 1/2 cup almond flour
25g/ 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/4 cup/50g of coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup/55g of chocolate chips optional
8-12 fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180C. Line a muffin tin with paper liners (or grease with coconut oil) and set aside.
2. Beat together the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir together until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
4.Divide batter among the 5 muffin cups. Press 1-2 raspberries in each muffin ( don’t put too much, otherwise the raspberries will ‘bleed’ and it will get too soggy) And top again with a raspberry.
5. Bake on the center rack for 23 – 25 minutes until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow these yummy Healthy Vegan Moist Raspberry & Chocolate Muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
* To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons warm water. whisk together and let sit for 3 minutes until thickened.