This Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce is from sweet potatoes, believe it or not. Of course, some condiments as well were used, but the smooth creamy consistency is thanks to the humble sweet potato.
Who doesn’t like nacho cheese sauce? Well, I do. But finding a decent vegan-friendly alternative at the store is difficult. Mainly because they either contain nuts or are just too unhealthy. Loaded with too much sugar, salt, and other nasty stuff.
So, I made a vegan version myself, that’s completely nut-free and so much healthier.
You can use this vegan nacho cheese sauce for whatever you fancy. I just like to dip in it with some vegan pringles…weird, maybe, I know.
Anyway, I hope you make this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do.
Do let me know how you found this Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Recipes To Try:
Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 to 1-inch cubes(about 300g)
- 1/4 cup/61ml coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Place the sweet potato cubes into a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place the pot on stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow the potatoes to cool a bit.
- Place the sweet potato and all remaining ingredients into a food processor bowl. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the downsides of the bowl as needed. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve warm or chilled.