This Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce is made from, wait for it…sweet potatoes! Specifically, sweet potatoes that are blended with creamy coconut milk with zesty seasonings. Be amazed.
It’s so creamy, delicious, healthy, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Who knew you can have a healthy nacho sauce that’s vegan and cheesy? Wow! We live in amazing times!
About this sweet potato nacho sauce, it really tastes like nacho cheese sauce.
So, why sweet potatoes? Well, it’s because I freaking love sweet potatoes, and I go wild when I try to think of new recipes using sweet potatoes.
I’ve also been aware for a while of folks making similar saucy vegan cheeses out of all kinds of veggie bases. Potatoes seem a popular one. I was kind of surprised that I hadn’t come across a sweet potato one. The sweetness seemed like it’d lend a nice flavor. Then there’s the fact that sweet potatoes are less starchy than regular old potatoes, so the resultant cheese should be smoother. Oh, and it’s orangy. Like nacho cheese. Bam, winner, winner!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 to 1-inch cubes(about 300g)
- 1/4 cup/61ml coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Place the sweet potato cubes into a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place the pot on stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow the potatoes to cool a bit.
- Place the sweet potato and all remaining ingredients into a food processor bowl. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the downsides of the bowl as needed. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve warm or chilled.