These Homemade Easy Garlicky Baked Croutons are perfect to be done when you have old bread leftover that you don’t know what to do!
They are super easy, quick and can be enjoyed in many ways; as a snack, on top of your soup, or in salads!
As with most of my recipes, I focus on trying to make things a little healthier, a little better for you, and a little easier. It doesn’t get much easier than these croutons.
All you need to do is cut the bread into cubes, toss it with olive oil, garlic powder, and salt, spread them on a baking sheet and bake.
They only take 10 minutes to bake (but if you have really fresh bread, they’ll take longer to get golden brown).
I could literally just sit and eat them all straight out the oven 😀
Making Homemade Croutons Couldn’t Be Easier:
Basically, you warm up you oven, add your diced crusty bread in a bowl, and toss it with olive oil, spices and garlic. Spread ’em on a baking tray, then bake. Voila – job done.
More Easy Vegan Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Homemade Easy Garlicky Baked Croutons Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
- 200g/2/3 cups of bread (I used a multigrain baguette)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190C.
- Dice the bread into cubes and In a large bowl, combine the bread, garlic powder, and salt. Add the olive oil over bread while stirring. Stir well until bread is coated by all ingredients and olive oil is absorbed.
- Spread the bread cubes into an even layer on a sheet pan. Don’t crowd the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. If you’re using super fresh bread, they’ll take a little longer to become golden brown. If the bread is stale and dry, it may brown faster, so keep an eye on it!