How to detox after eating junk food? I wondered this myself many times and tried all sorts of magical smoothies, but nothing really helped me as much as I had hoped.
It happens to the best of us, we end up eating too much, most of the time too much junk food. Whether you are on a vacation or just treating yourself for the weekend, when Monday comes, it’s time to clean your body from all that junk.
I think personally, my biggest worry was always the weight I have just gained from the junk food rampage.
I found a great solution, by an accident really, that isn’t something I would typically go for, as I generally don’t like taking supplements or anything like that, but this one really helped me.
I will let you know what helped me detox from eating too much junk food, so keep reading!
How to Detox Your Body After Eating Junk Food
Detoxing occurs naturally within your body. The whole job of the liver is to get rid of toxins, so really, you don’t have to worry about doing any crazy detoxes. BUT, when you overload your liver and body with, well, crap, your liver will need a helping hand.
Here’s what I typically do to detox after eating junk food.
- Drink Loads Of Water! Water helps your body flush out toxins. Water is so good for us, and most of us don’t drink enough of it! So yeah, I would drink 2-3L a day during my fast food detox.
- Get Some Nutrients In You. You will need to do exactly the opposite of what you did before, from eating junk food, you will need to eat nutrient-dense foods. I like to eat a big salad for lunch and have a homemade smoothie, typically packed with antioxidants.
- Get Some Quality Sleep! Sleep is extremely important when it comes to your body recovering, flushing out toxins, etc.
- Don’t Drink Alcohol. There are a couple of things that happen when you drink alcohol during your detox, first you will feel hungry, and when you are tipsy, you will just end up eating bad food. Secondly, there is nothing healthy about alcohol, you will just end up back in square one.
- Take That Supplement. Okay, here is my secret. I took this epic supplement that I got by accident, and oh my god, did it work. I am not one to be promoting that stuff, because I believe in natural remedies, but seriously, this one saved me many times.
- Take Some Probiotics they can be either in the form of a pill or through food, typically yogurt. If you are a woman, and you want to start taking a probiotic, I recommend this one here. I use it every day.
I Took Detox Pure.
It not only helped me detox A LOT faster, but it also helped me lose weight. l looked at what Detox Pure does exactly when I had these amazing results, and according to the website it helps with:
- Helps to eliminate nasty toxins
- Boosts antioxidant support
- Supports immune health
- Promotes metabolism
I think because it promoted metabolism, that’s what must have resulted in a weight loss. Because I honestly didn’t change a thing about my daily eating habits.
Give it a try, if it’s not your thing that’s also fine, just follow my suggestions above.
How Long Does It Take For Your Body to Detox From Bad Food
This can vary, and there isn’t a fixed answer. However, you are looking at roughly 36 hours for your body to digest and pass the stools out.
However, there are things you could do to get relief quicker. Drink water, eat well, sleep well, and take a supplement if you need a quicker fix.
But generally, if you solely rely on your body to get rid of the toxins, you are looking at around 36 hours.
How To Detox After Eating Too Much Sugar
Too much sugar can make you feel sluggish, tired, and even hungry!
You see, when you eat too much sugar, you get a quick spike, then you have a quick drop of energy.
It’s important that you restore your energy levels through good food.
Eat starchy, high-fiber foods, that will release energy steadily without crashing your glucose levels.
1. Detox After Binge Eating
Your liver will do the detox part, but you can do things to help your liver in detoxing your body.
- Well healthily
- Don’t skip meals
- Drink plenty of water
- Take probiotics or other supplements that can assist in your detox process.
- Don’t beat yourself up
2. How Long Does It Take To Debloat After a Binge
If you have binged the night before, when you wake up, your bloat should be significantly better.
However, your body will need time to digest the food and process it down the colon. You are looking at around 24 hours.
3. What Should I Eat After a Weekend Of Junk Food?
Eat well, don’t skip meals, but make sure you consume plenty of fiber and whole foods, and drink loads of water.
Don’t punish yourself by skipping meals, your body needs love and care during this time. Don’t restrict food, give your body nutritious food and help your body detox itself by assisting it with good food and care.
4. How Can I Detox My Body In 24 Hours?
If you are in a rush to get detoxed FAST, then I recommend a supplement that I took that helped me.
But, apart from that, just drink loads of water, sleep well, eat well, and you should be back on track!
So, if you were wondering how to recover from a weekend of bad eating, I hope you got your answers.
If you are away on a vacation, or just don’t have the resources to apply other detox methods, just take Detox Pure with you, just in case. It really helps you to stop feeling sluggish and it has incredible benefits.
But as I said, if this isn’t your thing, just follow my other instructions, they do help, they will just take longer until you feel better.