How To Make Nut Butters? – Well, it’s super easy!
Its a lot healthier to make your own nut butter, because you know what goes in there, and you don’t add any other normally unhealthy ingredients like sugar and palm oil in the majority of the shop-bought nut butters.
How To Make Almond Butter
This recipe makes a 300g of jar.
All you need is 300g of skin-on Almonds!
1. Heat oven to 190C. Spread the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 10 mins. Remove and leave them to cool.
2. Put the almonds in a food processor and whizz for 10-12 minutes, stopping every so often to scrape the sides
Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
How To Make Peanut Butter
Oh, Peanut Butter! I am a peanut butter addict. I love it so much! It’s so versatile, you can have it in sweets, you can have in savory dishes….my favorite ways of eating it is with an apple, banana, or homemade peanut butter energy balls.
You can read more about the health benefits of peanuts here.
Once again, making your own nut butter is so much healthier, especially with peanut butter, because the majority of peanut butters in the supermarkets are full of sugar, and some even have trans fats!
This recipe makes a 400g jar.
- 400g blanched peanuts
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- 2-3 teaspoon of peanut oil
- Heat oven to 200C. Tip the peanuts onto a large baking tray, place in the oven and roast for 10 mins, stirring now and then to ensure they don’t catch on the edges. When they turn golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Put the nuts into a food processor, and add the salt. Blend for 4-5 mins, until you’re left with a smooth nut butter if you want to loosen the consistency, add a drizzle of oil and blend again.
Tip 1: You can make any nut butter with pretty much any other nut using this recipe.
Tip 2: If you like your nut butter crunchy, simply add a handful of whole nuts to your smooth blended nuts and pulse for 2-3 seconds!