How To Make The Best Roasted Potatoes! The secret to making the crispiest fluffiest roasted potatoes s is to boil them just for a bit in salted water, then drain them and then shake the potatoes once they are blanched, you need to make them fluffy on the outside, so when you roast them they ‘catch’ on the outside fluffiness and it crisps the outside bits and makes it soft and fluffy in the middle!
The other secret is, to immediately put them in an already hot baking tray with the oil! This will start to crisp them straight away. Then you want to blast them quickly and shock them in a super hot oven so that the outside gets crispy and it remains soft in the middle. Then we turn the temperature down once they look golden and cook them for a bit longer!
A cheffing secret I am sharing with you today, I learned to make the best roast potatoes while working as a chef, and today, I am sharing that with you!
I used to work in a classic British pub, and a Sunday roast is a tradition in England. A Sunday roast isn’t done without beautifully roasted potatoes. So every Sunday at work, we would be making these roasted potatoes.
How To Make The Best Roasted Potatoes is indeed super easy to make once you know these two secrets. The final secret of course, as in any other of my recipes is – Love. Throw some love in there too and you will get the perfect roast potato!
More Vegan Recipes:
1. Comforting Vegan Butter Bean Stew
2. Easy Vegan Tomato Dhal With Onion Tarka
3. 25-Minute Vegan Okra Curry
Do let me know how you found these roasted potatoes in the oven Recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
How To Make The Best Roasted Potatoes
- 2.2 lbs/1kg of white potatoes of your choice I personally used King Edward potatoes
- 6-7 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed with a knife with their skin on
- 1/2 bunch of thyme or rosemary
- 4-5 pinches of salt + a bit extra for the salted water
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F, put a baking tray with the oil in the oven to get hot.
- Peel and cut your potatoes into big chunks. A medium-sized potato would be cut into 3 large chunks.
- Put them in a deep pan with cold salted water and bring it to a boil. Boil gently for about 12 minutes, until a fork can just pierce the flesh. We don't want them completely cooked or mushy, we just want them slightly tender, the oven will do the rest of the cooking!
- Drain the potatoes and then shake them in the pan for 30 seconds until you see the sides of the potatoes are getting fluffy and are falling apart.
- Put the potato chunks onto the hot tray and the hot oil and add the 2 pinches of salt, the garlic cloves, and the thyme/rosemary. Mix well, just be careful, because the tray will be very hot!
- Return the tray in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes turning them halfway through.
Ideally, reheat them in the oven to crisp them up.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023