Try this Incredibly Easy & Healthy Hemp Seed Milk which is a homemade, raw and vegan recipe. Hemp seeds are an ideal superfood for a raw food or vegan diet due to their high protein and essential fatty acid content. This recipe is made from hemp seeds can be used over a bowl of fruit, in smoothies and shakes, or enjoyed on its own, just like regular dairy milk or any of your other favorite non-dairy milk substitutes such as soy milk or almond milk.
- 1/2 cup/80g hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups/700-800g of water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- 3 whole dates, pitted (optional // for sweetness // or 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa or cacao powder for “chocolate milk” (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh berries for “berry milk” (optional)
Add hemp seeds, water, dates and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender or a Nutribullet. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn’t splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, a very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt to strain it.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 8 half-cup servings)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.6g