This Incredibly Easy & Healthy Vegan Dhal is a great cheap, quick and tasty dish that will warm you up on a cold day. It can be done in a pressure cooker (or InstantPot) so that it cooks faster, but it can be made in a normal pan.
A portion of this brightens up a grey cold day and contains over 3 portions of your recommended 10 a day.
Leafy greens are one of the most nutrient-dense foods. I try to have some every day as they are loaded with so many vitamins and minerals.
Kale works great in this but all leafy greens are amazing for you so feel free to change to spinach, Collard Greens, cabbage.
This is a great healthy lunch box dish, just make sure to use airtight containers. Also, it’s good frozen where it will last for 3 or so months. For some reason, this dish often tastes better as leftovers heated up. Maybe the spices blend and mature when left for longer to mingle?
Coconut butter is totally optional in this recipe but I like to add a bit at the end as a bit of fat enhances the taste and I like adding raw healthy fats rather than cooking with oil or fats. The coconut butter also adds a delicious coconut fragrance to the dish while not adding many calories per serving.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Incredibly Easy & Healthy Vegan Dhal if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Incredibly Easy & Healthy Vegan Dhal
- 1 cup / 70g Kale chopped
- 1 cup / 190g Red split lentils
- 3 cups / 350g / 2 medium Sweet potatoes diced
- 8 big sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 1 large brown onion sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 ″ Ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 4 cups / 1l Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut butter optional
- Add everything for the dahl apart from the kale into a pan.
- Either use a pressure cooker and bring to pressure then cook at high/setting 2 for 4 minutes. Then remove from heat and wait for the pressure to go down.
- Or use a pan, cover, and cook for 20-25 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Take the lid off the cooked dhal, stir in the chopped kale, and coconut butter. Let the residual heat wilt and melt them.
- Enjoy the dahl straight away. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge where they will last a few days.