These Incredibly Healthy Easy Vegan Breakfast Cookies are crunchy, chewy and so easy to make!
I call these cookies the healthiest breakfast cookies because I personally believe they are pretty darn healthy as far as a cookie can go.
There’s a saying I’ve heard before that goes a little something like this: “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
Now whether or not you believe this to actually be true, I think we can all agree that breakfast becomes a hella lot more important when there are COOKIES involved.
WHAT’S IN THESE HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIES:
These healthy breakfast cookies have also got a permanent place on my weekly meal prep rotation. I love to prepare a batch of these healthy seedy cookies on a Sunday and have them ready to go for the rest of the week!
They are made of:
- An assortment of healthy seeds
- sliced almonds
- Natural nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Whole grain oats
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY:
- These cookies are very versatile. You can use any type of nuts or seeds you love or have on hand.
- Make sure to press these cookies down on the baking sheet with your hands. They won’t spread, so doing this will give you the cookie shape.
- Use parchment paper on your baking pan for easy cleanup.
This recipe makes 12-14 cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
125g/ 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
35g/ 1/4 cup almond flour (can sub any type of flour)
30g/ 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
30g/ 1/4 cup sliced almonds
66g1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
35g 1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 tbsp chia seeds
35g/ 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
85g/ 1/3 cup tahini or almond butter (I like to mix both)
170g/ 1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 flax egg ( 1 tablespoon of flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, it helps the mix to stick, it’s the replacement of an egg )
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/ 185C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until well combined
5. Use a cookie scoop to scoop evenly sized cookies onto the baking sheet. Press down with your hands (these cookies won’t spread and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden!
Store these Incredibly Healthy Easy Vegan Breakfast Cookies in an air-tight container and eat within a week!