I usually resist labeling a recipe as “best-ever”, but I am tempted to say that these Incredibly Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies really are the best-ever fudgy brownies I have made to date — which is a tall order, considering how many tempting brownies recipes I have made over the years. And they take little time at all either — really a fuss-free fudge.
These brownies are not only incredibly tasty, but they are really healthy too!
Sweetened only with dates and a small amount of maple syrup.
Perhaps the surprising ingredient is cooked chickpeas. But the blended chickpeas are what give these brownies a delightfully creamy texture that is just the right density — not too heavy and not too light, with just a little extra bite from dried cherries.
And it doesn’t hurt that the chickpeas give you an additional boost of protein too. Tahini is another ingredient that I have found works wonders in desserts. Not only to bind ingredients but also to add the distinctive earthy and nutty flavor of sesame. And the only flour used in these brownies is almond flour, making them gluten-free as well as vegan.
If you want a brownie with a bit more crunch, then leave them in the oven for a bit longer, but for me, there is nothing quite like a fudgy brownie with a soft and delectable texture.
Anyway! I hope I managed to convince you, that these brownies are incredible haha. 😀
Do let me know how you found these Incredibly Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Incredibly Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas 1/2 cup dried or 1 14 oz can
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates about 6 dates
- 1/2 cup/80g tahini
- 1/4 cup/85g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup/35g unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup/25g almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a few pinches of sea salt
- 1/4 cup/30g dried cherries optional
- 1/2 cup/90g dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Lightly grease a 8" loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350°F/180C.
- In a food processor, pulse together the chickpeas, dates, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add the cacao or cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda and salt, and process further until well combined. Add the dried cherries if using and pulse for another 30 to 60 seconds until combined. The mixture should be fairly thick. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. The brownies may be cooked a few minutes longer if you want a slightly crusty exterior.
- Let the brownies sit in the pan to cool. Slice and serve.