These delicious No-Bake Healthy Cashew Tahini Bars are the ultimate Vegan dessert heaven but are still suitable for a healthy snack. All you need to make them are cashews, dates, tahini, and dairy-free chocolate.
They taste very similar to snickers bars although they have no peanuts or caramel. The reason for this, is because the dates have got a caramel flavor, and the crunch of the cashews can remind you of snickers. I just love them! And they are so guilt-free.
You really only need 3 ingredients to make these since the chocolate topping and sea salt is optional however I’d recommend at least adding the chocolate topping because come on! It’s chocolate!
If you make them exactly as I did, here’s what you’ll need to make these bars:
- Tahini You’ll need a nice, smooth, creamy tahini. When shopping for tahini, watch that the only ingredient listed is sesame seeds. There should be no added oil or sugar.
- Raw Cashews Look for cashews with just one ingredient: cashews. There should be no added oil, salt or sugar however in a pinch you could definitely use dry-roasted salted or unsalted cashews in which case the ingredients may list salt.
- Dates Soft, fresh dates are key for no-bake recipes like this one. I used pitted sayer dates, which are small and sweet and have a rich, caramel flavour. Medjool dates are also wonderful. in fact, any kind of date will work as long as they’re soft and moist so they can bind the recipe. If you only have hard, dry dates, place them in a bowl, pour boiling water over them, let them sit for 15 minutes and then drain well before using.Click here if you are curious to find out the health benefits of eating dates!
- Dairy-Free Chocolate. If you want to add the chocolate topping – which is recommended, of course! – look for a good quality dairy-free dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Sea Salt The sea salt topping is optional but I love how it enhances the flavour of the bars.
Tip: Feel free to double the amount of chocolate used for a thicker chocolate topping!Makes about 8 large bars, or 12 squares.
Each bar ( if cut into 12 ) containes aproximetely 250 calories.
For the base:
215g raw cashews
275g soft pitted dates
For the melted chocolate:
100g dairy-free dark chocolate bar crushed, or chips
sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
1. Add the cashews in a food processor and pulse until mostly broken down. Add the dates and tahini and mix until it forms a big clump of thick dough.
2. Line a square baking pan (mine was 7 x 7 inch) with 2 overlapping strips of parchment paper. Press the dough into the pan, taking a few minutes to firmly press it down and smooth it out. I
3. To melt the chocolate, simply bring a small saucepan to the boil with water. Put the chocolate in a metal bowl or a glass bowl, and put the bowl on top of the boiling water pan. It should gently melt the chocolate, just make sure you keep stirring it.
4. Use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate over the cashew base. Sprinkle with sea salt if you like.
Place in the freezer for 2 hours to set then lift out of the pan and cut into 12 squares (or 8 large bars if you prefer).
Storage: These No-Bake Healthy Cashew Tahini Bars will keep in the fridge for a week, but I recommend keeping them in the freezer; that way they can last up to 3 months in a sealed container (but I doubt they’d last that long!). 😀