This Nutritious Middle-Eastern Bean Salad is high in protein and fiber and is super quick to make.
Ever wondered how to get rid of that tin of beans that’s been sitting in your cupboard for a few months? This is the perfect way to use it!
You get 4 out of your 5 a day right here in this salad, and it will keep you full for hours for only 325 calories per portion, so it’s perfect if you are looking to lose weight!
This salad is so easy to make; simply dice up your vegetables and combine them together with the rest of the ingredients, and you are done!
Refrigerating the salad before consuming will really make it even tastier. The flavours basically mingle in the fridge, and make everything so much tastier. So definitely recommend refrigerating the salad an hour before serving.
A Super Filling & Nutritious Salad You Need In Your Life!
Every time someone tell you that you can’t get your protein as a vegan, show them this recipe! This recipe comes out in 5 minutes, and it’s PACKED with protein and nutrients.
Beans should be included in your diet, as they are an extremely good source of plant-based protein and fiber.
To find out more about the benefits of eating beans, read my article – Why You Should Eat More Beans.
More Vegan Salad Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Nutritious Middle-Eastern Bean Salad Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Nutritious Middle-Eastern Bean Salad
- 1 x 400g/15oz can of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-sized chopped red onion
- 1 1/3 cups/200g of cooked Broad beans or peas
- 1 medium-sized tomato chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- salt to taste
- Prepare the veggies by chopping/washing them.
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes so that the flavors develop.
- This Nutritious Middle-Eastern Bean Salad is perfect to pack and take for your lunch at work the next day!