This Nutritious Squash & Barley Salad With Balsamic Dressing is absolutely banging! It’s delicious and so healthy. The flavor combinations work so well, you get a bit of sweetness and sourness. You get a crunchy texture from the chunky vegetables! It just a marriage made in heaven!
It’s not so difficult to make this delicious salad!
Basically all you need to do is roast the butternut squash and the red onion, then combine it together with cooked Pearl Barley and broccoli and some balsamic dressing! The addition of sundried-tomatoes simply increases and intensivists the sweet and sour flavor!
This salad is super versatile, and can be used as a side dish, as a buffet salad, or as your packed lunch for work! Whatever suits you really!
I hope you enjoy these flavour combinations and the recipe itself!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Nutritious Squash & Barley Salad With Balsamic Dressing if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Similar Vegan Recipes:
1. Buddha Bowl With Miso Dressing
2. Superfood Buddha Vegetable Bowl
3. Easy Healthy Sweet Potato & Almond Goodness Bowl
1kg of butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and cut into long strips
One medium-sized red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
250g of pearl barley
300g of broccoli, cut into medium-size florets
100g Sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
20g pack of parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, or wholegrain mustard
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 210C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the squash and the thick-sliced red onion on a baking tray and toss with olive oil. Roast for about 25mins. Meanwhile, boil the barley for about 25 mins in the vegetable stock ( put just enough stock to cover the barley) until tender, but al dente.
2. While the barley is cooking, boil the broccoli in salted water until just tender, about 15 minutes then drain and rinse in cold water, and pat dry.
3. Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Once the barley, squash, and broccoli are cooked, put all the ingredients together in a big mixing bowl and add the dressing and mix well.
This Nutritious Squash & Barley Salad With Balsamic Dressing will keep for 3 days in the fridge and is delicious warm or cold.
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023