This Oil-Free Curried Red Lentil Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for a picnic, lunch boxes, or snacks.
You know how much I love chickpeas, and you know how much I love hummus, but today I’m going to use red lentils because honestly, I love lentils too! This hummus It’s creamy, tangy, and nicely spiced with turmeric and other curry spices, because sometimes you run out of chickpeas, or you are intolerant but you still want a dippable snack.
I like dipping my hummus with crackers, to be honest, but they are often carb-heavy, so I opt for veggie sticks like carrots and cucumber. What do you like to dip your hummus with?
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Curried Red Lentil Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Similar Vegan Recipes:
Oil-Free Curried Red Lentil Hummus
- 1 cup/190g dried red lentils
- ¼ cup/60g tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger or dried ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Water if necessary, for consistency
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the lentils. Reduce to low and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Then transfer to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to blend into a creamy consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve chilled with your desired options of dipping.