This Oil-Free Squash Chili & Kale Traybake are the ultimate side dish. They pack so much juicy flavor and can complement almost any meal! It’s a perfect fresh side dish for your dinner table.
You can add any veggies you like, to be honest – make it with your own twist. I like to put cavolo nero in the place of the kale sometimes.
What’s really good about this traybake is that it’s oil-free! Oh, and WFPB & gluten-free!
Now, this traybake is super easy to make, it’s crispy, delicious, and do not need a lot of ingredients to make! I like to serve them as a side, but most of the time, I just eat them straight out the pan!
Serve these potatoes together with your favorite protein and veggie of choice for a complete meal!
Do you have a go-to side dish?
For us, it’s always been potatoes. We love them in just about every form!
Potato wedges, mashed potatoes… you name it. But this veg traybake is our new favorite!
My second most favorite are these delicious crispy thyme roasted potatoes – check ’em out!
This recipe is:
– So Simple to make
– Suitable for a whole food plant-based diet
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Squash Chili & Kale Traybake if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Oil-Free Squash Chili & Kale Traybake
- 3 1/2 cups/500g of butternut squash
- 3 1/2 cups/500g of sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 medium-sized red chilies
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 4 cups/300g of kale picked from the stems
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190c/370F/170C fan/ Gas 5.
- Peel the squash and potatoes if you like and give them a good wash. Cut them both into chunks. Put them in a large baking tray. roughly dice the chili, and garlic and add them to the chunks of veggies. Spinkle the paprika, salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the tray out and add the kale and bake for another 6-8 minutes.