This Oil-Free Vegan Cauliflower Korma Curry Recipe is creamy, fragrant, slightly spicy, slightly sweet, and it just tastes delicious.
The method is super simple, so it makes a quickly healthy vegan curry night dinner.
I recommend using the maple syrup/date paste – because it breaks through the richness of the spices.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 🙂
P.S not that it’s vital – but you can use my easy spinach oven-baked rice to garnish this curry. It works really well!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Vegan Cauliflower Korma Curry Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Oil-Free Vegan Cauliflower Korma Curry Recipe
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1- inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 250 ml/1cup water
- 2 cloves
- 3 to 4 cardamom pods
- 1 cup/245g of plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond butter or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or date paste
- Preheat the oven to 370F/180C. Cut the cauliflower into florets, place on a baking tray, and coat with a little bit of
- salt, and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Heat some water or stock in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened. Add the crushed garlic, ginger and cook for two more minutes.
- Add all the spices into the pot and stir until fragrant. This shouldn't take longer than a minute. Add the water and leave it to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the yogurt into the pot and stir. Leave to simmer for at least 10-15 minutes before adding the almond butter and maple syrup. When all the ingredients are incorporated, add the baked cauliflower, mix well and serve.
Any cooled leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days!