Oil-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff that you are going to love. It’s healthy, tasty and so comforting!
It’s so creamy, satisfying, and healthy too! You could never tell it’s 100% dairy-free and completely Vegan. You can definitely surprise some guests with this dish, and could even make them consider to transfer to a vegan diet….why not? If you can still eat all this amazing creamy food on a vegan diet, then why the heck not go for it completely!
… Anyway, that’s a subject for another day!
Stroganoff has been a favorite of mine for ages! So I attempted to as they call it ‘veganise it’ because I was just missing it so badly and was craving some comfort food!
So I went on and experimented and created this beauty. I loved it so much and ate almost the whole pot….oops! My partner wasn’t happy, as there wasn’t enough for him! Haha, the perks of being the chef you get to nibble and eat whilst cooking and be the first one to taste the dish!
Storing the leftovers: (if any are left)
This Mushroom Stroganoff is best enjoyed on the day it’s made but will keep for up to 2 more days in the fridge if needed.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegevega’s Daily Cooking Equipment:
As a Vegan, cooking on a daily basis, I found myself using this equipment on a daily basis, so I am just going to throw them here, and I hope it can help you too!
- Food Processor
- Baking Trays
- Blender – I recently started making a lot of smoothies, so a blender is a must!
- Bread/Cake Loaf Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- A Set Of Good Knives
- Freezer Bags
- Air-tight food storage containers
- A Set Of Kitchen Utensils
- Set of 2 saucepans + 1 Large Saucepan for stews and soups
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
Oil-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- - 1 red onion finely diced
- - 2 cloves garlic minced OR 2tsp garlic granules
- - 1 1/2 cups of 300g mushrooms sliced
- - 1tsp dried parsley/2tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- - 1tsp smoked paprika
- - 120ml vegetable stock I used my homemase vegetable stock
- - 1/4 tsp yeast extract marmite OR 1tsp soy sauce ( Or tamari sauce for a gluten-free option )
- - 4tbsp no added sugar plain dairy-free yogurt
- black pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion in a pan using a little water on a medium/high heat setting until soft.
- Add in the mushrooms & garlic (add more water if needed) and cook for 6 mins until the mushrooms are almost soft.
- Add in the parsley, & smoked paprika cook for another 1 min until fragrant.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and let it simmer on a low heat setting for about 5mins or until it thickens.
- Take the pan off the heat then stir in the yogurt until creamy, season with pepper, and garnish with chopped parsley. Stir on low heat for one more minute and take it off.
- Serve with mashed potato, pasta, rice, or quinoa! Enjoy!
If you have any leftovers, leave them cool and store them in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.