These Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars are Moist, tender, and fudgy flourless bars with a crackly top. Gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan, but so delicious no one will ever know. I dare you to eat just one! They are also so easy to make!
These Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars are our go-to treat! They are moist and tender in the center with just a bit of a crackly crust on top. Perfectly sweet, healthier than your average cookie dough recipe, and made from pantry staples. They’re so easy and, oh, so addictive!
While these do contain a good amount of sugar, it’s the unrefined kind, and they’re also packed with protein, fiber, folate, and iron thanks to the chickpeas, nut butter, and oats. You don’t have to feel guilty about indulging your sweet tooth. Bonus: they are dairy-free, gluten-free, and oil-free too!
It’s no secret that my “secret” ingredient in these cookie-dough bars is chickpeas! I super swear promise you will not taste them! Trust me! But they do provide that great fudgy texture!
And, the cinnamon….ahhh, the cinnamon. I LOVE cinnamon. So spicy, sweet, and fragrant. Did you know cinnamon, full of manganese, fiber, and calcium, has been shown to have anti-clotting and anti-microbial properties? It also helps to control blood sugar levels and boost brain function. Basically, you need to devour these dreamy vegan cookie-dough bars immediately!
Following the original recipe ingredients and instructions will give you the best results, but here are some adaptations that will work if need be.
I like cashew butter because it’s nice and thick and has a natural sweetness. Any nut butter will do in a pinch, however. The flavor will change slightly depending on nut butter used, but will still be delicious.
For a nut-free option, use sunflower seed butter.
If you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar may be used instead. If you don’t have either of those, cane sugar can be used, as well.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Let’s make these badass cookie-dough bars!
Do let me know how you found these Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars
- 2 tin/cans 30 ounces/800g chickpeas (drained and rinsed) (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup/250g cashew butter/almond butter/peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/60g old fashioned rolled oats certified gluten-free if desired
- 3/4 cup/150g coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup/190g pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder use gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup/60g chopped nuts optional
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture optional for garnish (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking dishwith parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except nuts ( if using), in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the nuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture or chopped nuts, if using
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- Let them cool slightly before cutting. The bars will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Cut into equal size squares and serve.