These Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars are Moist, tender, and fudgy vegan cookie dough bars with a crispy top. Gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan, but so delicious no one will ever know. I dare you not to eat a couple of them at once!
These Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars are a treat when I feel like eating something a bit naughty, but still not so unhealthy. They are moist and tender in the center with just a bit of a crackly crust on top. Perfectly sweet, healthier than your average cookie dough recipe, and made from pantry staples. They’re so easy and, oh, so addictive!
While these vegan cookie dough bars do contain a bit of sugar, it’s the unrefined kind, and they’re also packed with protein, fiber, folate, and iron thanks to chickpeas, nut butter, and oats. You don’t have to feel guilty about indulging your sweet tooth. Also, they are dairy-free, can be made gluten-free, and are oil-free too!
The secret ingredient in this vegan cookie dough bar recipe is the chickpeas. They create the fudginess in this recipe, and believe me when I say, that you won’t taste any chickpeas!
And, the cinnamon….ahhh, the cinnamon. I LOVE cinnamon. So spicy, sweet, and fragrant. Did you know that cinnamon is full of manganese, fiber, and calcium, has been shown to have anti-clotting and anti-microbial properties? It also helps to control blood sugar levels and boost brain function. Basically, another good reason you shouldn’t feel guilty when you eat these vegan cookie dough bars!
Following the original recipe ingredients and instructions will give you the best results, but here are some adaptations that will work if need be.
I like almond butter because it’s a slightly healthier option than peanut butter, and it has a natural sweetness. However, any nut butter you decide to go for will do just fine. The flavor will change slightly depending on the nut butter you use, but will still be delicious.
For a nut-free option, use sunflower seed butter.
If you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar can be used instead.
Let’s make these badass cookie-dough bars!
Do let me know how you found these Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Oil & Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Dough Bars
- 2 tin/cans 30 ounces/800g chickpeas (drained and rinsed) (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup/250g cashew butter/almond butter/peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/60g old fashioned rolled oats certified gluten-free if desired
- 3/4 cup/150g coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup/190g pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder use gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup/60g chopped nuts optional
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture optional for garnish (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking dishwith parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except nuts ( if using), in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the nuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture or chopped nuts, if using
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- Let them cool slightly before cutting. The bars will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Cut into equal size squares and serve.