This One-Pot Curried Quinoa Lentil Stew is so full of flavor and protein! It’s great for a hearty dinner or lunch!
This One-Pot Curried Quinoa Lentil Stew is most definitely a stew I could eat every week! It’s hearty, filling, and goes perfectly with fresh herbs and a side of crackers or crusty bread.
The recipe is one pot, gluten-free, packed with plant-based protein and complex carbs. It’s also, warming and comforting at the same time.
Like any stew, it also tends to taste so much better the next day, so the leftovers will taste so much better as well. This stew is also perfect for meal prep, and to take to work the next day.
How To Make Lentil Quinoa Stew:
You have 2 options with this recipe:
1. Make A Stew
2. Make A Soup
For a stew, use the recommended stock as suggested, but add 1/4 more extra, if you want to make a soup.
The method is super simple, the veggies are cooked until translucent in some olive oil and spices, then the lentils, quinoa, and stock are added, and simmer until everything is soft and cooked through.
I personally used my homemade vegetable stock to make this stew, but feel free to use shop-bought, if you don’t have time to make your own.
Once cooked, as I said above, it’s even better the next day, as the magic happens overnight in the fridge.
Do let me know how you found this One-Pot Curried Quinoa Lentil Stew though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly onInstagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Recipes:
One-Pot Curried Quinoa Lentil Stew
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups diced carrots about 2 large carrots
- 1 1/2 cups/300g diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup/200g uncooked red lentils rinsed
- 1/2 cup/90g uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5–6 cups/1.200ml of vegetable broth I like to use my homemade
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and fresh ginger and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir until combined, cover with a lid and simmer until vegetables, lentils and quinoa are all cooked through ardoun 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy the stew hot or cold.