A delicious Oven-Baked Rice With Spinach – perfect low-calories, gluten-free side dish. I used brown rice for a healthier option, but white rice will do as well!
It’s so much cheaper and healthier to cook your own rice – than buying a pre-cooked, pre-packed one.
The whole process literally takes you 10 minutes to put in the oven and forget about it for 40 minutes.
This dish is gluten-free and an oil-free option is available as well. Also – all you need is 3 ingredients only to make this side-dish. I used my homemade vegetable stock, but you can just use water or a shop-bought stock.
Do let me know how you found this Oven-Baked Rice With Spinach you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Oven-Baked Rice With Spinach
- 1 cup/190g of uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups/200g of spinach washed and diced
- 1 bunch of scallions/spring onions cleaned and chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil ( or broth/water for oil-free option:
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of chopped mint
- 900 ml of vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Heat the tbsp of oil/broth in a pan and add the spinach and scallions. Cook them for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted then add the rice. Mix and cook for 4-5 minutes, then add the salt, paprika, and mint.
- Mix and transfer the mixture onto a baking pan. Spread evenly and add the vegetable stock. Mix gently and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Make sure you check it once or twice to see whether all the water has evaporated.