This Overnight Chocolate Oat & Almond Smoothie is rich, naturally sweet. This oat smoothie makes a wonderful quick filling and nutritious breakfast. Put the banana in the freezer the night before, soak the oats and almonds – and all you will have to do in the morning is just whizz everything up.
For extra-fruity nutritious explosion – take away the cocoa and add frozen blueberries or raspberries!
My goal with food, generally, is to keep it simple. If I can’t figure out how Mama Earth originally made what’s on my plate, I don’t want to eat it. It’s a good rule of thumb to go by. It’s kept me on track with my health goals for nearly a decade now.
If you’re a distance runner or endurance athlete, this is a great choice for you! Even I was shocked at how incredibly delicious this smoothie is — and I’m a long-time smoothie freak! It’s one of the best tasting smoothies I’ve ever had. It has no added sugar, all is natural – just the sweetness of the banana.
However, if you do want more sweetness, I recomend using date paste, or just dates.
Check out another favoruite smoothie of mine – Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie.
Let’s make this smoothie!
Do let me know how you found this Overnight Chocolate Oat & Almond Smoothie if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Overnight Chocolate Oat & Almond Smoothie
- 1 medium-sized banana about 175g
- 3 tbsp of the whole skin-on almonds
- 3 tbsp of rolled oats
- 2 tsp of cacao or cocoa powder
- a few drops of vanilla extract or paste
- The night before, peel the banana, slice it, and put it in the freezer.
- Put the almond and oats in a blender, pour 200ml of water making sure the nuts and oats are completely covered in the water. Leave them overnight.
- In the morning, add the frozen banana to the oats and almonds, the cacao powder, and vanilla if using.
- Blitz for 2-3 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Pour into a large glass and drink up whilst it's cold!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023