Fancy a trip to Panera Bread? Don’t know if they have vegan options that will leave you satisfied and happy? That is okay! That is exactly why I went to check what vegan options they have for us all in 2023, so in the New Year, you can mosey down and grab a bite!
Note that a majority of their bagels and bread are vegan, and they also offer a lot of salads with some modifications that can be easily made vegan. Oh, and their coffee is vegan too!
Seriously, who doesn’t enjoy a good cup of coffee?
Anyway. Let’s see what they have for us to enjoy!
Vegan Options At Panera Bread:
Wherever your local Panera Bread is, and whatever meal you want to satisfy your cravings with, I have compiled this list just to make sure that you can go down to get a bite, and not find your options restrictive or annoying!
They have options on their Breakfast menu, Lunch menu (which is the same as their dinner options for us), sides, bread, and beverages.
Since they are not 100% vegan, I was quite happy with what they had on offer, it was quite a bit more than I was expecting!
Take a look at their delicious vegan breakfast options!
- Bagels: Everything bagel, plain bagels, and a blueberry and sesame bagel.
- Green Passion Smoothie, which is a blend of mango and peach puree with passionfruit juice, white grape, ice, and spinach.
- Peach & blueberry smoothie made with Almond milk.
- Seasonal fruit cups.
- Steel-cut oatmeal with pecans and strawberries.
(It is not on the menu, but you can ask to have a toasted bagel with a slice of avocado. Mash up the avocado and craft yourself some tasty avocado toast).
Lunch & Dinner Options
They have plenty of options for their lunch and dinner menu as well. You can also add in quinoa salads, or avocado to the sandwich options and salads.
- Asian Sesame Salad: Be sure to order with no wontons or chicken. The wontons are listed as may contain eggs, so it is best to avoid these to be safe.
- Baja Bowl: Ask for no Greek yogurt or feta.
- Citrus Asian Crunch Salad: Make sure you order this with no chicken.
- Fuji Apple Salad: Make sure you order with no gorgonzola or chicken!
- Greek Salad: Minus the FETA of course!
- Mediterranean Bowl: Order this minus the Greek yogurt and FETA.
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich: Make sure you order this minus the feta and vegan bread. The sandwich will otherwise come with tomato basil bread which has honey in it and is therefore not vegan.
- Peach & Blueberry smoothie: Order with almond milk.
- Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli Bowl: Order this minus the chicken.
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad: Order minus the chicken!
Having sides is always a good way to fill an empty tummy if your main course just did not fully hit the spot. Here are the Panera vegan sides you can choose from:
- French Baguette.
- Kettle Chips.
- Pickle Spear.
- Seasonal Fruit Cup.
View this post on Instagram
Now, while a great deal of Panera Bread bagels and bread is vegan, not all is vegan. Therefore it is important that you make sure when you order something from Panera that includes a bagel or bread, that you order the right thing. Last thing you want is non-vegan bread when the rest of your meal is vegan!
Here are their vegan bread and bagel options!
- Artisan Ciabatta.
- Black Pepper Focaccia.
- Bagels: Plain bagel, blueberry & sesame bagel, everything bagel.
- Classic Sourdough Bread.
- Country Rustic Sourdough Bread.
- French Baguette.
- Sourdough Bread Bowl.
Vegan Drinks At Panera
While we tend to assume drinks are always vegan, because with a lot of drinks you would have to go well out of your way to make them not vegan, not every beverage here is vegan. Hot drinks and smoothies require you to specify the use of almond milk, for example.
Always make sure that your drink is vegan, it is very easy for a hot drink to not be vegan if you do not specify.
- Cafe Blend Light Roast.
- Cold Brew,
- Hazelnut Coffee,
- Hot Tea (check which flavors are available in each individual location before you order, not all flavors are available at all locations).
- Madagascar Vanilla Almond Cold Brew (A personal favorite of mine).
- 100% Colombian Dark Roast Coffee.
- Green Passion Smoothie.
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade.
- Iced Tea + Varying flavors
- Peach & Blueberry Smoothie (with almond milk)
Note that Panera Bread is always adding new items to its menu, and some items may not be available at every location. In order to ensure you receive up-to-date information, always call your location brands, you can also download their mobile app to check nutrition information.
Note that as is with all restaurants which are not totally vegan, you should also remember there is a risk of cross-contamination as well.
Are There Vegan Smoothies At Panera?
At Panera, you can get 3 vegan smoothie options, these are; the Frozen Strawberry lemonade, the Peach Blueberry with almond milk, and the Green Passion Papaya. Do remember that all of these will not always be available at every location.
Always double-check what is available at your nearest location before you visit your local Panera bread.
Is Panera Soup Vegan?
View this post on Instagram
If you want soup at Panera, there is only one option, the Ten Vegetable Soup, however, this is not always available.
This soup is loaded with garlic, poblano peppers, celery, red peppers and yellow peppers, carrots, and spinach. It is made with a vegetable stock broth with chickpeas seasoned into it, red fife, dried Aleppo chili, and yummy sprouted brown rice too!
What Is Gluten Free In Panera?
Panera bread does have a gluten-free menu. You can get several options:
- Cesar salad with chicken.
- Fuji apple salad with chicken.
- Greek salad.
- Baja bowl with chicken.
- BBQ chicken salad.
- Mediterranean warm grain bowl with chicken.
- Green goddess cobb salad with chicken.
- Vegetarian creamy tomato soup.
- Fresh fruit.
- Asian sesame salad.
- Steel-cut oatmeal with strawberries and pecans.
Obviously, if you are vegan and gluten-free, Panera’s options are limited for you, but they do have options available.
Are The Dressings At Panera Vegan?
Panera does have multiple dressings, and there are some of these which are vegan-friendly. Their Greek dressing is vegan friendly, as is their Asian sesame vinaigrette, their Thai chili vinaigrette, and also their white balsamic with apple-flavored vinaigrette.
Vegans have a good 4 dressing options, their poppyseed option is also vegan too, however!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023