Oh my God, these Peanut & Raspberry Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies are to die for! They taste divine and are not as unhealthy as you might think! They are made out of natural ingredients, such as nuts, dates, and avocado and a couple of more added bits that we tell ourselves are healthy, such as chocolate ( but dark chocolate is healthy!! Okay! ) 😀
Apart from being incredibly delicious they are also naturally sweetened by dates, filled with healthy fats from avocado and peanut butter, gluten-free and can even be made oil-free! Such a healthy, nutritious and tasty treat! Perfect for any occasion really!
If you decide to give these beauties a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. I love seeing what you come up with. ♥
Brownie tin: 8x8x2 inch (20x20x5 cm)
2 cups/ 450g tightly packed dates, unpitted (about 20)
1 medium avocado, ripe
¼ cup/60ml plant milk
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil (alternatively nut butter)
½ cup/50g of cacao powder
¾ cup/75g of almond flour
½ cup/66g of walnuts, roughly chopped
⅓ cup/50g dairy-free dark chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons of peanut butter ( I used crunchy, but its best to use smooth )
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of dairy-free milk
1/2 cup/60g of raspberry chia jam(or just any jam you have or like, but for a healthier option, simply use 100g of mashed fresh raspberries)
1. Add the dates, avocado, milk, coconut oil (or nut butter), vanilla extract and salt to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
2. Place the date paste into a bowl and add in cacao powder, almond flour, walnuts, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Use a spatula to mix everything together into a smooth sticky batter.
3. Line a 8″ brownie tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 175° (350°F).
4. Scoop the batter into the brownies pan and carefully even out (wet the spoon for easier handling of the sticky batter).
5. In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the peanut butter swirl. Place a few teaspoons of the peanut mixture as well as the raspberry chia jam onto the brownies. Use a toothpick to draw swirls into the batter if you like.
6. Place the brownies into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
Let the brownies cool down completely before cutting!
You can enjoy these Peanut & Raspberry Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies warmed for a few seconds in the microwave, and even with dairy-free ice cream on top to finish a meal beautifully!
Alternately, simply eat them cold. They taste delicious both ways!